Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three launches an all you can eat data tariff  (Read 6222 times)
mobileman

« on: March 07, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

MOBILE TELECOMS PROVIDER Three has launched its all you can eat data plan for pay as you go customers from £15 per month today.

Three told The INQUIRER that the all you can eat data tariff has absolutely no data limit or fair usage policy attached to it.  Unfortunately the unlimited data service doesn't extend outside the UK to foreign shores.

Two different 'All in One' tariffs will be available from Three.  For £15 a month you'll get unlimited mobile data, 300 any network minutes and 3,000 txts. The £25 deal will be the same as the £15 but with 500 minutes.

The tariff, which has only been available for contract customers for two months, will also be available to existing Three customers who will need to migrate over to the new deal by contacting Three.

The data plan will allow customers to use mobile internet to download apps, use Facebook and Twitter, stream music and so on, without worrying about how much data they're actually using.

See:-   TheInquirer.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »

The Pay & Go unlimited data seems to be an 'Add On' on the new pay & go tariff only.       Wink

See:-   http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Add_ons       Wink

There seems to be no trace of Add Ons showing for older tariffs on the 3 website now.         Shocked
I suspect that the unlimited data will not be added as an option to We Pay, Flat 12, or 3Pay.        Cry

This would explain the reference to having to call 3 to get transferred onto the new plan.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:14:55 AM »

It doesn't allow tethering, unlike The One plan.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:32:37 AM »

It doesn't allow tethering, unlike The One plan.

I believe it will in practice, though what you say is Three's official position admittedly.
In practice, I have used 3 Pre Pay data packages, tethering a Skypephone S2, and even in a '3' dongle, with no problems at all, for at least the last 2 or 3 years !       Wink

You should also note that the only alternative for unlimited data on pay & go - Giffgaff's googybags of £10 upwards - also exclude tethering officially, but I have used the current free data on Giffgaff in my netbook for a year and a half roughly ( as well as in '3' mobiles. )       Wink

However, you are correct in pointing out the official position, as I said earlier.

( I shall reply to your PM tomorrow now. )

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: