Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice Required on new contract  (Read 14930 times)
ta

« on: December 29, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »

Hi Guys

I just needed some advice from my well learned colleagues.

My contract is up for renewal from O2 in late Jan

At present i am getting 800 mins, Unlimited texts (12000) and unlimited data, ( i use the sky mobile app and use a heck of a lot of data. . .prob 3/4 GB i reckon. i was getting all of the above for 15 quid a month.

Can anyone suggest where i can get something similar for a similar cost. any help/advice would be gratefully received,
ta

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »

Admin. . .would be grateful if you could move to the mobile offers board.
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »

Done !        Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
HiPD

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

Hi Guys

I just needed some advice from my well learned colleagues.

My contract is up for renewal from O2 in late Jan

At present i am getting 800 mins, Unlimited texts (12000) and unlimited data, ( i use the sky mobile app and use a heck of a lot of data. . .prob 3/4 GB i reckon. i was getting all of the above for 15 quid a month.

Can anyone suggest where i can get something similar for a similar cost. any help/advice would be gratefully received,

ta, you sound pretty satisfied with your existing tariff, so it's not at all clear why you want to change.  Please explain.

A message from the dark side you have Wink
ash

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »

Ta, I don't think you could get anything better than that. O2 has introduced data limit so any upgrade would put you at disadvantage. In fact all networks now have a data limit. You are among those few lucky customers who have unlimited data so enjoy that!
Make sure that you do not renew the contract. If you do, then you will have to accept current terms and conditions (data limit). If you are just looking for a new handset, you can buy pay as you go from any shop which sells unlocked phones (CPW/e2save/Phones4u etc). Only limitation you might have, is not being able to use iPhone 4 as it wont accept your existing sim (unless your existing data plan is on micro sim, which is highly unlikely).
I have sim only unlimited data plan with O2 for 20£ pm for a long time. I had my plan before data limit was introduced, even then I received a text to cut down data usage when my usage crossed 1gb due to internet tethering for iPad. Apparently O2 can ask to reduce data usage if customer has unlimited data plan but only 30 day rolling contract. You probably have enjoyed 3/4 gb data due to your long term contract with O2.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:16:51 PM by ash » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »

In fact all networks now have a data limit.

Not so.  The One Plan from 3 has recently changed to "All-you-can-eat data"

It requires a 3G mobile, of course, but that is better for data use anyway, especially if you get one offering HSDPA.

The cost is more at £25 per month on SIM only, or more with a handset thrown in, but it does give an awful lot for your money:-

2000 minutes (anytime, any network)
5000 texts
1GB internet *
5000 Three-to-Three minutes

*  At first, you'll still see your allowance as 1GB on your bill and in My3.  We're working to get both of these updated as soon as possible.  You'll still be able to use as much data as you like without worrying about it, because you won't be charged for going out of bundle if you're on The One Plan.

One to consider, if you can afford it.  Wink

ta

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

Hi. . .my contract is up for renewal late Jan i think. I know o2 have introduced data tarriffs and the fact that they wont offer me the same again. I would keep it going, but the gave me discounted line rental on my account which will run out late Jan. So i will revert to  30 per month.
ta

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »

Quidco are giveing away £106 for a 3 contract. i think i might be tempted.

can i take my existing 3gs to the three network.

i think it is unlocked.
mobileman

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »

Quidco are giveing away £106 for a 3 contract. i think i might be tempted.

TopCashBack are even better.  £107.06 cashback for the One Plan from 3, and they don't take off the first £5 either!    Grin

can i take my existing 3gs to the three network.

i think it is unlocked.

3G and unlocked are essential, but even more important is whether your handset can read a 3 USIM!

Look it up yourself on GSMAreana, or borrow a 3 SIM and try it out!  Wink

ta

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »

Thankyou MM
shahidukok

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »

you can get iphone as well using your existing sim card. just get a micro sim cutter from ebay. im using my old iphone unlimited data plan on my iphone 4. because they will not give you a micro sim unless you switch to the new tariff
Moon

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 05:50:56 AM »

Hi guys

Sad my contract with 3 is up............my current deal is one plan £25 a month
2000 voice mins
2000 landline
5000 texts
 internet allowance
also 2000 landline mins

have htc wildfire...thinking of getting i phone 4 but will loose the current plan....wil cost £45 a month with i phone 4...
Any suggestions please what's the best option for me???   new contract wil be more expensive and i love the current deal its the phone m after now Huh Huh Huh
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »

£20 dearer every month?

24 x £20 = £480 Huh Is it not almost the price tag of a new unbranded unlocked iphone 4?

Also, it might be an idea to hold the horses until the next model appears on the market.

Moon

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »

THANKX .....but most of mty friends got it ...iphone 4....nd i feel bad ...but yeah new arivals time to time.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: