Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:47:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Office Homephone to include Free Weekend UK Mobile Calls.  (Read 13027 times)
leighvamessage
« on: August 01, 2008, 05:51:05 AM »

From 8 September 2008 the following changes below will apply.

New benefits - Post Office HomePhone® customers will get

free weekend1 calls to all UK, US and Canadian mobiles up to 60 minutes, 5ppm thereafter

free weekend calls to the top 20 international destinations * up to 60 minutes, 5ppm thereafter

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=19300217&mediaId=80000733

This is in addition to the free evening and weekend geographical calls customers already get.

Monthly rental will be £10.95 a month .(No surcharge for non-dd).

Their is no contract for Landline only you have to give 15 days notice.You can use indirect codes like 18185.

The top 20 international destinations are Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA.

Note the weekend is 6pm Friday to 6am Monday.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:05:30 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »

Good morning LVM: I thought I was an early riser !        Shocked

Thanks very much for your post.        Smiley

Do you happen to know if this option allows any national rate numbers to be called in the listed countries abroad ?        Undecided

It would be very handy to know - in connection with various callthrough services.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Graham

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

Interesting post, LVM, and thank you for letting us know about it. Smiley

...However, I would just like to draw members' attention to the fact that daytime UK standard landline calls are quite expensive with this Post Office package at 4p per minute, plus the 6p connection fee. I would hope you are right in asserting that other indirect codes like 18185 etc., can be used with this package.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:49:27 PM by Graham » Logged
leighvamessage
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:39 AM »

I would hope you are right in asserting that other indirect codes like 18185 etc., can be used with this package.

I dont make a habit of posting duff info Graham. Grin
At the present time PO Home Phone users can use indirect access codes.

If these were blocked at a later date they could of course use the 0808 Freephone Access Numbers.EG:
http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php to make peak geographical Calls just 4p connection and 1p a minute. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:23:49 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
Graham

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »

Good point. Glad to see, after checking a leaflet from the Post Office, that you are not posting 'duff info.' Smiley This is indeed a good deal, and thanks again for posting about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: