Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asda Payg Price Increases .  (Read 9616 times)
BJ

« on: April 01, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »

Have been informed that from early May the standard call charge will be changing from 8p per minute to 10p per minute, and the standard text charge will be moving from 4p to 6p.

Cant give you a link yet.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »

If that's right I reckon ASDA might be starting the trend..

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

Have been informed that from early May the standard call charge will be changing from 8p per minute to 10p per minute, and the standard text charge will be moving from 4p to 6p.

Cant give you a link yet.

I received a text today, saying that the information is now on their website.

See:-   www.asdamobile.com/tariff

Note:-  the price changes happen on the 31st May, not at the beginning of the month, as indicated in the OP.       Wink

One lamentable change about which BJ did not warn is the huge increase in their data charges.  These are going from 20p per MB up to 2.5 times that amount:
i.e. 50p per MB !        Angry

There is also confusing wording on the website, for example "All texts 6p" in one place, but "Texts to Overseas from UK SMS" 30p in another !        Huh

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:20:10 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
BJ

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

I received a text today, saying that the information is now on their website.

See:-   www.asdamobile.com/tariff

Note:-  the price changes happen on the 31st May, not at the beginning of the month, as indicated in the OP.       Wink

One lamentable change about which BJ did not warn is the huge increase in their data charges.  These are going from 20p per MB up to 2.5 times that amount:
i.e. 50p per MB !        Angry

There is also confusing wording on the website, for example "All texts 6p" in one place, but "Texts to Overseas from UK SMS" 30p in another !        Huh
http:

Possibly the reason for the delay is that there T&C says material changes in the Price Plan or Services will be published on not less than 30 days’ notice. Smiley

http://www.asdamobile.com/compare_tariffs.html is the place to find the increases given that you like everything to be so precise. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:40:59 PM by BJ » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 06:51:47 PM »

Possibly the reason for the delay is that there T&C says material changes in the Price Plan or Services will be published on not less than 30 days’ notice. Smiley

http://www.asdamobile.com/compare_tariffs.html is the place to find the increases given that you like everything to be so precise. Roll Eyes

I do indeed like to be precise BJ, but your little taunt is actually misplaced.        Shocked

The Link I gave was a precise quote of the text message that Asdamobile sent to my mobile, so any error is theirs, not mine.       Wink

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:45:20 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: