Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:03:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 0844 call-through to UK mobiles  (Read 91032 times)
Mikael
Administrator

« on: April 08, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »

I thought I would let everyone know here that I have created a new 0844 call-through for calling UK mobiles on the major networks. The call-through is charged at 5.1p for the first minute and 5.1p per minute thereafter. When used from BT line there is no BT connection charge, due to this number having a drop charge to start with. This should work out much cheaper than calling via BT directly. It should also work on TalkTalk.

Calls to UK mobiles are available 24/7 and can be made by calling 0844 688 0700
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:34:04 PM by Mikael » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

I thought I would let everyone know here that I have created a new 0844 call-through for calling UK mobiles on the major networks. The call-through is charged at 5.1p for the first minute and 5.1p per minute thereafter. When used from BT line there is no BT connection charge, due to this number having a drop charge to start with. This should work out much cheaper than calling via BT directly. It should also work on TalkTalk.

Calls to UK mobiles are available 24/7 and can be made by calling 0844 688 0700

Interesting !       Smiley

Will this include *ALL* UK mobiles, including your FM10 numbers Mikael ( as in the weekend Post Office home 'phone service ) ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

I'm afraid it does not include FM10 numbers, just O2, Orange, Three, T-Mobile and Vodafone numbers.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »

May I ask you to confirm that there is no set-up fee Mikael ?        Undecided

The reason I ask is because contrary information is displayed here.        Shocked

Call Cost for Charge Band: G24 Multimedia
Telephone Tariff: BT Unlimited Weekend Plan
(Call costs include VAT at 20%, minimum call 60 seconds)
All Week - 5.11p per minute and set-up cost of 5.05p

Sample Call Costs 30 secs 1 min 3 mins 10 mins 30 mins 1 hour 1½ hours
Weekday, Daytime 10.2p 10.2p 20.4p 56.1p £1.58 £3.11 £4.65
Weekday, Evening 10.2p 10.2p 20.4p 56.1p £1.58 £3.11 £4.65
Weekend, Daytime 10.2p 10.2p 20.4p 56.1p £1.58 £3.11 £4.65
Weekend, Evening 10.2p 10.2p 20.4p 56.1p £1.58 £3.11 £4.65

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »

You are quite right i double check, but it should be the case that no connection charge is made.

BT have full info here:

http://www.bt.com/pricing/history/01-04-2010/Gen_Notes_boo/0001_d0e219.htm#0001-d0e219

In particular:

Except in the following cases or unless otherwise stated in the relevant section of the Price List:-

Freefone calls

UK Day, Evening and Weekend geographic, 0870, g21 rate and Local NTS calls where the pence per minute (ppm) rate has been set to zero for the first hour of each call (or to such calls which start within the uncharged period but end after the uncharged period)

Fixed rate UK calls on Unlimited Weekend Plan

Fixed fee calls Calls charged by Time duration which start with a Fixed fee.

BJ

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:12:34 PM »

On BT G24 Calls are charged by fixed fee & time duration
(Where the Fixed Fee is the Charge for the first 60 Seconds, or part thereof, and the duration charge applies following the first 60 seconds).

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_SpecialNos.pdf

Talk Talk also charge 5.1p a minute but  raise a connection charge of  (11.1p)  Wink

On Talk Talk Calls under 60 seconds incur only call connection charge. Calls over 60 seconds incur call connection charge and per minute charge.

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/calls/uk-non-geographic

Not one to be used on Virgin Media where its chargeband PG24 is 12.2p connection charge and  9.1 p a minute at all times. Shocked

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:39:16 PM by BJ » Logged
leeds

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »

thanks........
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »

Interesting !       Smiley

Will this include *ALL* UK mobiles, including your FM10 numbers Mikael ( as in the weekend Post Office home 'phone service ) ?        Undecided

I think this is the second time you have mentioned FM10 numbers & Post Office home phone service on the forum. Care to elaborate? (Via PM if necessary!)

Cheers
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »

I think this is the second time you have mentioned FM10 numbers & Post Office home phone service on the forum. Care to elaborate? (Via PM if necessary!)

Cheers

It's quite simple Dave.  FM10 is the term Mikael uses to describe his numbers used on the Orange callthough.  Orange have started charging for them, so they are no longer economic to use from that network.        Cry

However, as Mikael reported elsewhere, the numbers can be used entirely freely on the Post Office Home Phone Service, which gives free calls to all UK mobiles from 6 p.m. on Friday till 6 a.m. on Monday.        Grin

( This is the reason why I have left the board still visible, as the service can still be used on that home telephone tariff. )       Wink

Hope that answers your query.

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:53:04 PM »

It's quite simple Dave.  FM10 is the term Mikael uses to describe his numbers used on the Orange callthough.  Orange have started charging for them, so they are no longer economic to use from that network.        Cry

However, as Mikael reported elsewhere, the numbers can be used entirely freely on the Post Office Home Phone Service, which gives free calls to all UK mobiles from 6 p.m. on Friday till 6 a.m. on Monday.        Grin

( This is the reason why I have left the board still visible, as the service can still be used on that home telephone tariff. )       Wink

Hope that answers your query.

It certainly does, thanks!
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

Free weekend calls to mobiles sounds quite interesting. I'm assuming it doesn't include *all* networks in the literal sense. Or does it?
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

It certainly does, thanks!

All UK mobile numbers AFAIK.       Wink

Ian012

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »

If this Service is still operational, since 1 July 2015 the call charge for the 0844 number is, presumably,

"7p (or perhaps a little less?) per minute Service Charge plus your phone provider's Access Charge".

The Access Charge is up to 12p per minute from landlines. Most are around 10p per minute. BT's is 10.24p per minute.

A similar service on an 0845 or 0870 number with identical Service Charge would be an inclusive call from a BT or Sky (and a few others) landline.

BT currently (October 2015) offers calls to mobile numbers for 12p per minute, reducing to 6p per minute if you have BT Anytime Unlimited or BT Home Phone Saver.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 12:03:50 AM by Ian012 » Logged
L2M

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 03:28:34 AM »

I suppose events in the telecoms world have overtaken this service. Most providers don't offer free minutes to 0844 numbers and BT no longer do unlimited tariffs to 0845 & 0870. But the geeks on the forum might still have means of making the seemingly impossible,  possible!  I  would most definitely appreciate a PM from any beautiful brain that has such info please!
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

This information is for historic reasons only. Any customers using this forum should use the new 0870 call-trhough and number mapping service. This is inclusive on BT landlines and all other networks that allow inclusive calls to 0870 numbers.

http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2974.0.html

You can still call 0844 numbers with inclusive minutes with Vodafone and EE add-ons on their contract mobiles.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: