Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:47:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Street £1 sim cards  (Read 15514 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

Hi all

Does anybody know which High Street stores sell sims for £1, except for Maplin and Argos?

Cheers
Dave
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:55:53 PM by davegr » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

Hi all

Does anybody know which High Street stores sell sims for £1, except for Maplin and Argos?

Cheers
Dave

It is quite paradoxical that you should post this question, as I was about to post about a particularly attractive offer that I found in Morrison's yesterday  !       Shocked

Morrison's are selling Orange Pay & Go SIM cards for £1, with a great offer attached.       Smiley

The deal is that if you port in a non Orange number, they will give you £30 of free credit over 3 months !        Cheesy

There are conditions involved.  The first £10 of free credit is promised to be added to your account within 14 days of the port taking place.  The next two month's free £10 of credit is conditional on your having topped up in each of months two and three by £10 yourself.       Wink

The actual porting arrangement is through a free to call 0870 number ( free from your Orange SIM. )  0870 870 8888.  I think it unusual for a mobile network to give such a free number on a Pay & Go account, but I have done this myself this afternoon, so I know it works.       Wink

The literature that came with the SIM card said this offer was on till the end of this year.  I do not know if it is limited to SIMs sold for £1, or whether it would also be available on a free SIM via their website.

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

That's not a bad offer. I guess it'll be limited to one per household or something similar.

Does Morrisons only sell Orange sims?
BJ

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

99p stores usually stock most networks sims for 99p of course. Grin
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »

99p is a perfectly acceptable price too,thanks!
ash

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »

Why would you want to pay even 1 £ for a sim, when free pay as you go sims are available (including free postage)  all over the internet.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »

Couldn't you expand on that then and ask why any store would even bother selling sims when they are available for free?

Except for special promotions such as Mobaholic mentioned, some people might not want to wait for the sim to be delivered, or they might want to have a choice of numbers, want to kit out their family or some other group... thats just off the top of my head Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »

That's not a bad offer. I guess it'll be limited to one per household or something similar.

Does Morrisons only sell Orange sims?

There is no limit displayed that I can see.       Smiley

Morrisons have various mobile offers, on most networks, which will doubtless come with their appropriate SIM card.  However, if you are enquiring about SIM cards which stand alone, my local store only seem to have Orange and Virgin ones currently.       Wink

I have also visited the local Poundland store for you, and saw the following on their shelves:-

O2 ( both Favourite Place and Your Country ), Orange, '3', T-Mobile ( with unlimited text offer attached ), Lebara, and Vodafone.       Wink

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »

I have been into the Network's own stores, Voda, O2, Orange and Three to buy SIMs. They have usually had a deal to give the SIM away for free if you buy a £10 top-up or something.

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

There is no limit displayed that I can see.       Smiley

Morrisons have various mobile offers, on most networks, which will doubtless come with their appropriate SIM card.  However, if you are enquiring about SIM cards which stand alone, my local store only seem to have Orange and Virgin ones currently.       Wink

I have also visited the local Poundland store for you, and saw the following on their shelves:-

O2 ( both Favourite Place and Your Country ), Orange, '3', T-Mobile ( with unlimited text offer attached ), Lebara, and Vodafone.       Wink

Certainly does, thanks.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

Also HomeBargains sell them for 79p, and B&M Bargains do them for 99p. I'm not sure about Poundland or Poundstretcher but would not be surprised to see them there as well.

dlR
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:16:16 PM by delaro » Logged

BJ

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »

Also HomeBargains sell them for 79p, and B&M Bargains do them for 99p. I'm not sure about Poundland or Poundstretcher but would not be surprised to see them there as well.

dlR

Mobaholic has recently posted he has seen some in Poundland.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: