Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:27:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to unlock Nokia N8 which is locked to Tesco Network?  (Read 13336 times)
sagarvijaykumar

« on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »

Dear All,

I hope I am posting this post at correct place. If not, please help me by moving this post to the correct place.

I have got a deal from Tesco i.e.Free Nokia N8 with 750 cross network mins, 1GB data and 5000 texts for £20 per month - 24 months contract. I need help to unlock the phone to use any SIM card. On high street, unlocking charges are up to £40 and on web I can not see anyting for Tesco network. Can some one help me to unlock cheaper?
FYI: I have taken this deal on 1st April'2011 and there is 14 days cooling off period. Still 2 days in my hand to cancel the deal.

Thanks in advance.
Vijay
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »

I'd call tesco mobile c/s to see whether they could arrange it for you and how much it would cost. I'd also point that cooling off period out to pressurise them a bit.

sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:21 PM »

Thanks Delaro,
I have done that. I had called Tesco helpdesk on 0845 3014455. They offered me to unlock the phone for £20 and unlocking may take around 28 days.
What is your advise? Is £20 fine?
FYI: I have offered them paying full contract money i.e.£480 in advance and unlock the phone for free, but they said NO. Sad
Regards
Vijay
mike

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »

Thanks Delaro,
I have done that. I had called Tesco helpdesk on 0845 3014455. They offered me to unlock the phone for £20 and unlocking may take around 28 days.
What is your advise? Is £20 fine?
FYI: I have offered them paying full contract money i.e.£480 in advance and unlock the phone for free, but they said NO. Sad
Regards
Vijay

I think £20 is actually quite a low figure for a network unlock, especially as your handset must be quite difficult, given the £40 High Street charge you mentioned in your OP.  Charges may be dropping, but I have heard of £30 to £35 being demanded by networks in the past.    Roll Eyes

It's up to you to think whether it is worth your money: only you can judge that.   Wink

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

I thought the standard charge for network unlocks was £15?

This is what I have been quoted by Three & T-Mobile in the past.
BJ

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »

I thought the standard charge for network unlocks was £15?

This is what I have been quoted by Three & T-Mobile in the past.

There is no standard charge as such.  Wink

Eg: o2 will unlock a monthly contract phone for  free anytime.

Orange charge  £20.42 (inc. VAT)  The handset to be unlocked must have been registered to Orange for a minimum of three months.

Tesco charge £20 in year one but its free after that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:50:50 PM by BJ » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »

What about unlocking an O2 PAYG, any idea?
BJ

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

What about unlocking an O2 PAYG, any idea?

I believe its £15 Dave. Grin
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »

Ah I should have guessed!

Is it not possible to get it done for free after a certain number of top-ups or anything like that?
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »

Good Morning all,

I think, I will go for official unlocking of Nokia N8 from Tesco which is £20. Thanks to all for the information sharing.

Meantime, I tried to unlock the phone from http://www.remote-mobile-unlock.com by paying £3.59 GBP through paypal. The commitment was to give the unlocking code in 24 hrs. But unfortunately, they replied saying NOT POSSIBLE and refunded my full money back to paypal but no solution for Tesco network locked phones. But as per the website, it looks like they can unlock vodafone, 3, orang, T and O2 mobile just for £3.59. Hope this information will help someone.  Smiley

Regards
Vijay
cbi-udj51
Learner

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »

Dear All,I hope I am posting this post at correct place. If not, please help me by moving this post to the correct place.I have got a deal from Tesco i.e.Free Nokia N8 with 750 cross network mins, 1GB data and 5000 texts for £20 per month - 24 months contract. I need help to unlock the phone to use any SIM card. On high street, unlocking charges are up to £40 and on web I can not see anyting for Tesco network. Can some one help me to unlock cheaper?
FYI: I have taken this deal on 1st April'2011 and there is 14 days cooling off period. Still 2 days in my hand to cancel the deal.Thanks in advance.
Vijay

You can get the unlock code for your Nokia N8 phone at low cost from Unlock-Zone.com here you need to specify your country,IMEI number of your phone.Then they deliver unlock code to you through mail with unlocking instructions.Using this you can unlock your phone from Network lock easily.
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

Thanks mate for the information. FYI: It is unlocked long back.
Thanks again.
Vijay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: