Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:50:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest mobile/dongle with voice support, USB and AT command set?  (Read 7676 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: April 21, 2011, 10:36:11 PM »

Hi all,

For a project I'm working on, I'm trying to find the cheapest unlocked mobile or dongle that can be instructed to make voice calls and possibly set up diverts, using AT commands via a usb connection.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:55:13 PM »

I have found numerous "modern" mobiles are just not stable when used in such a way, or simply do not have the functionality any longer.

I have had the same issue and found that SE T630 mobiles with USB cables are stable and can setup calls, setup diverts and send texts all via AT commands. The genuine SE USB cables are also best as they have a charger pass-through socket too, so you can keep the mobiles fully charged when connected to the data cables. However, believe it or not, I had to use the Windows 2000 driver from a clone cable with the genuine cable, as the genuine SE driver would not correctly load more than one instance on a single system.

T630 mobiles can be bought used for next to nothing now on ebay.

PM me for more info if needed. I would also be interested to know more about the project you are working on.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:19:54 PM by Mikael » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply Mikael, very nice that you mentioned a specific model.

I have an unlocked Huawei e1750 dongle here that apparently has voice support but I am yet to try it in the scenario I'm thinking of and even then, it's not exactly cheap!

Regarding the project - actually I have several things in mind, I'll send you a PM.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:48:29 AM »

This looks like an interesting product: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-GPRS-GSM-Modem-PC-USB-Adapter-Card-Earphone-/280650607743?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4158146c7f#ht_882wt_905.
seanjoe

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »

Sorry for being a little thick here. But what is the difference between me connecting my normal vodafone dongle to my laptop and using that connection (whilst driving, for eg.) to make and receive calls using a voip program? I guess I could also download a sms text software so that all this can be done using my dongle as an internet connection?

Or have I missed the plot here...When you use the word "instruct" to make voice calls, with my vodafone dongle, i can "instruct" my voip software to make calls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: