Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:43:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgin Payg Change Useage Terms.  (Read 6958 times)
BJ

« on: April 24, 2011, 03:11:58 AM »

I see that Virgin Mobile Payg have altered their terms and conditions  to say they can expire a PAYG SIM if no call or text is sent for 90 days, it used to be 180 days .This could catch out infrequent users. Shocked

"3.8 Keep talking! : You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you dont we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We dont really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting"

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=our.service.footer.sm068#Terms and conditions of service - Pay As You Go Addict and Simply 8p Tariff

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:20:13 PM by mobileman » Logged
ash

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »

When it was 180 days, they did not disconnect my number even when it wasn't used for 8 months.
andy

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »

Perhaps this is happening due to T-mobile, which when I recently found a SIM was partly inactive told me it has introduced such a condition. But as far as I can see it hasn't bothered to tell people, and doesn't seem to feel much obligation to do so. What's more, Ofcom couldn't be convinced that T-mobile should do so, even though they had had an email address linked to my account (and recently sent a message about something else). Oddly though, some recent documents on the T-mobile website, such as the price list, also fail to mention this change to a chargeable transaction needed on 90 days.

With that T-mobile SIM, it would still register on the network and receive incoming calls. However an outgoing call was barred and I was given an IVR menu to reactivate. The credit level was zero. Customer services seemed to have no record of the previous amount of credit, and when I said it had been between £7 and £9 they added £10 as a goodwill gesture. Oddly, although T-mobile lost the info about the amount of credit, the SIM is still on the old tariff it started on, not some new default.

As for Virgin, I found I could check the last chargeable transaction, and on one SIM it was 1p of data in March 2008.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:37:06 PM by andy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: