Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:13:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two ways for UK callers to get FREE international calls - Viva Telecom  (Read 12379 times)
sagarvijaykumar

« on: July 14, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »

Friends,

I am posting this first time so if it is at wrong place, please move it to the correct forum and help me. This is not tested yet.
If this is not working / not at right place, moderators can delete / remove this topic from here.

I have received one email today from Viva Telecom stating the below:

1. If you have an ORANGE or O2 contract phone - here is a new free calls offer: This is a really cool way to make your international calls for free by using your Orange and O2 inclusive minutes. Its very simple - all you need to do is make several short calls to 07662 023 596 which is free to call within your inclusive minutes bundle and is your very own exclusive “account charging number”. Every time you dial this number, it puts 10 pence credit onto your account. To make your free international calls, simply dial the access number: 0203 551 8951 (which is free within your bundle), so your access calls cost you nothing and your account credit covers the cost of your international calls. When your credit is low, we will tell you via an in-call announcement so you can re-charge your account by simply making more short calls to your account charging number.

2. If you have a VODAFONE ONE NET EXPRESS contract phone - here is a bonus free calls offer: With your Vodafone One Net Express contract, you can have unlimited free international calls via our VONE access number: 0871 669 1010, because your VONE package gives calls to 0871 numbers in the inclusive minutes. If you don’t have a Vodafone One Net Express contract phone and you would like to make UNLIMITED FREE international calls, then it may be worth contacting your Vodafone dealer to get signed up.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay
shani22

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

It gonna be charge from 15th july from orange.i just recieved a txt msg from orange early morning today.so i suggest do not use this service . x
sdp

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »

hi,
when i dialed the access number 0203xxxx, its works the same as other 076620xxx topup number,you can;t make a call to any where
pls reply
sdp
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »

I've seen a user called Viva Telecom logged in to this forum. The user has made zero posts and has perhaps just been grabbing peoples email addresses from their profiles?

Also, I was going to start a service on 076620 numbers but they were then barred by O2 before I got a chance, so I imagine either this service doesn't work as intended, or won't last long.
jagga303

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »

Doesn't work from O2,number is barred.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

In general there seems to be quite a bit of promotion of services utilizing prefixes which are either barred, charged or about to be charged. Not good...
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »

It's difficult to test the service anyway. Topping up works from orange but everytime I dial the access number all I hear is how many minutes I've got and call drops just like that.

Dodgy.

dlR
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:30:34 PM by delaro » Logged

Spud Murphy
Learner

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »

Double Dodgy.

According to the Vodafone Site they charge 15p a minute to call 0871 numbers on the Vodafone One Net Contract.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »

Interesting text I just received from Orange:

"Update from Orange. We included calls to paging numbers in your inclusive minutes by mistake for a short time. This is now fixed and as of 15 July calls to numbers starting 076620 will be charged 51.1p/min and will no longer be part of your inclusive minutes."
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »

I received the same text message about an hour ago, so has not lasted long. However, with regard to Vodafone One Net Express, I have heard from several sources that 0871 numbers are included, even though it is not clear on their website. I shall be getting a connection soon to do some testing, and if it works allow other people here to sign up for them as sole traders.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:30 PM »

From what I see, 08* numbers are only included on the £55 tariff?
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »

Yep, it is quite expensive, but if you need to make lots of calls via 0871 numbers, it could be very useful.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: