Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vectone Launches £1 Pay Monthly Contract  (Read 10211 times)
mobileman

« on: September 27, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »

After TalkMobile, Vectone has become the second mobile virtual network operator in the UK to launch a £1 pay monthly contract aimed at those running on a tight budget.

The monthly package allows you to talk for up to 30 minutes and send up to 30 texts to any UK network; furthermore, it adds 30MB worth of mobile internet to the bundle.

Users need to be careful though as out of bundle costs can be quite expensive (20p per call minute and 10p per text). Internet is not that expensive though at £1 per day for 500MB data allowance.

Vectone's offer is a 30-day SIM only deal, which means that you can opt out of the contract after only one month. Talkmobile's SIMple offer came with only 25 minutes but 50 texts and no mobile internet.

You can add mobile internet for 26p per day, and Talkmobile allows you to choose between microSIM (to be used on the iPhone 4, the iPhone 5 and the Nokia N9) or a normal SIM card.

Mainstream mobile phone operators have been reluctant to drop their prices so low; the five main networks have hesitated to reduce the price of their SIM only deals below £10 because this might affect their margins too much.

See:- ITProPortal.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:31:44 PM by mobileman » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »

£1 for 500MB of data is ideal for occasional MBB users like myself. At the moment I'm paying £7.87 per month for 1GB from Three, though of course with the advantage that tethering/dongle use is officially allowed ;-)
mobileman

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »

£1 for 500MB of data is ideal for occasional MBB users like myself. At the moment I'm paying £7.87 per month for 1GB from Three, though of course with the advantage that tethering/dongle use is officially allowed ;-)

I am not sure if you have misread my post davegr.  £1 for 500 MB *per day* is hardly useful for occasional users!    Shocked

Very good for heavy data users for sure though.   Smiley

I am intrigued by your figure of £7-87 for 1 GB on Three.  I have used 2 GB for £5 on Flat 12 and 3Pay SIMs: does your figure relate in some way to the newer Pay Go tariff, or is it a dongle tariff to which you refer?   Undecided

Please clarify where that figure comes from kindly.  Wink

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »

I'm referring to the dongle tariff and I meant occasional users as in, somebody who makes 3-4 train journeys per month like me ;-)
mobileman

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »

I'm referring to the dongle tariff and I meant occasional users as in, somebody who makes 3-4 train journeys per month like me ;-)

OK thanks.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: