Fone Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre caller service  (Read 326538 times)
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »

I think its not fair in any business to make new terms and conditions in the middle of the business. If they are saying  for the new topup's from now this will be the policy  then that will be more sensible. ( sorry I just modified this) Sorry for giving the wrong impression.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:11:51 PM by djyhkr » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

I think its not fair in any business to make new terms and conditions in the middle of the business. If they were saying from now this will be the policy that will be more sensible.

I completely disagree with you JK.  Expiring credits are unfair whatever the point at which they are introduced.  Such companies don't return the credits they have earned to the customer, so why should they benefit from pilfering customer's accounts, on the pretext that they have 'expired'?
Expiry of units is simply theft, dressed up to look as though it is respectable.  It is a sham.  Shame on all who practice it, or make limp excuses for it.

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

I know many forum members have used this service and also praised it at times, sometimes referring to the slightly lower rates to some destinations. However it does look like an attempt is being made to claw back some extra profit by expiring credits. One policy that I have always implemented for all services that I run, is that credits will not expire. I would rather charge a slightly higher rate, than introduce arbitrary costs, which as mentioned by another poster effectively amount to theft.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

I agree with Mikael on this matter. I have not expired the units on my own sms top-up service, even though I haven't even been paid for the majority of them yet and may never be in fact.

I would love to be able to expire them, in order to remove the financial obligation, however I took the risk to set up such a service and it's my own responsibility that I haven't (yet) been paid, not the users.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:58:59 PM by davegr » Logged
jagga303

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »

I know many forum members have used this service and also praised it at times, sometimes referring to the slightly lower rates to some destinations. However it does look like an attempt is being made to claw back some extra profit by expiring credits. One policy that I have always implemented for all services that I run, is that credits will not expire. I would rather charge a slightly higher rate, than introduce arbitrary costs, which as mentioned by another poster effectively amount to theft.
Respect to you mate.
jagga303

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »

Daveknell is probably doing his Chrismas shopping or is he really ignoring all these comments? Not a good move Dave. You've upset alot of your subscribers. I hope you'll revert your (not so good decision).

Peace!

AQ
Graham

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »

Mikael: you are indeed to be commended for your practice of never having expiring credits on any of your services.  Smiley

Dave Knell: I think you would be wise to reflect hard on the comments posted here (some of your best customers!) - you will lose us in droves if you decide to go down that route. It is, as Mobileman describes it: "theft dressed up to look respectable."
jagga303

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »

My personal opinion is that if someone does not use his credits from any linked number for 3 months, then he/she will lose the credits.
So if you have 5 linked numbers to your account, then you will have to use your credits from any one of those linked numbers within the 3 month period at least once so that the units don't get lost.
I maybe wrong but that's the way I understand the terms and conditions.
If that's the case then I think it's not too bad.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »

I disagree and think it's very bad. You would have to remember to make calls from each of your linked numbers, or lose the credit assigned to those numbers.

I would hope that as long as you use your account at least once every 3 months then all credits will remain intact but even so, that's hardly the best arrangement!
Graham

« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »

Sorry but I vehemently disagree with you here, Jagga. When one has acquired units, one has generated the income for the provider. Therefore THERE SHOULD BE  NO TIME LIMIT WHATSOEVER! IT IS THEFT IN DISGUISE.

I, for one, will abstain from using Precaller if this 90 day rule is applied, and would urge other Forum members to show their contempt for such deceitful practices.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:44:00 PM by Graham » Logged
jagga303

« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »

Come on Dave Knell, we need you to clear things up here please.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »

Hello Folks!

As far as my knowledge about Precaller is concerned:

I believe the credit will expire if you don't use your account (not every linked number) at all for three months. Because when you build credit from your linked numbers, they all get credited to one account and when you make a call your credit gets deducted from the number which has the highest number of units.

For instance if you have 10 units on line A, 20 units on line B and 30 units on line C, so it doesn't matter which line you use to make a call, first you'll lose credit from line C (30 units), then line B (20 units) and then line (A).

I'm 99% sure that you'll need to use your account (not all linked numbers) at least once in three months in order not to lose your credit but after all Daveknell runs this service so Dave, shed some light on it please.

Peace!

AQ
pharmaa

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2011, 03:04:21 AM »

DaveKnell, I commend you regarding the enhancements you've made to Precaller, noticeably the improvements in reliability, the call log feature and responding to emails.  I hope that the service continues to improve so both you and the users are in a win, win situation.

However, the new terms and conditions seem very unfair.

If I've earned Precaller units, then I should be allowed to use them according to my needs.  Whether I use them after 4 months or 6 months or a year, should make no difference to you.

Who I call with MY earned Precaller units should also make no difference to you, as long as the Precaller system allows such calls to be placed.

I look forward to your kind response regarding these matters.

PS - If you do a "La Senza" on us, then we are stuffed.    Sad
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:10:24 AM by pharmaa » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »

Another part of the T&C's that I have a problem with is where it mentions " its use to call revenue-share numbers". Technically that rules out calling 0845, 0844 and 0871 numbers whereas I believe it's intended to cover international premium rate services. In any case I agree with pharmaa's comment above that if the service allows a call to be placed, then what is the problem?

Also I notice "The number of credits required to make a call is determined from a number of factors, and the rate applied to any particular call is not guaranteed.". This seems to say that on any call placed via the service, though there is a published rate which can be found via the number checker, you are not guaranteed to be charged this rate and in fact could be charged significantly more or less.

Could you please clarify DaveKnell?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: