Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:29:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Symbian Anna Updates problems on Nokia N8  (Read 15360 times)
sagarvijaykumar

« on: November 10, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »

Dear All,

Good afternoon . Hope you are doing well. I need some advice.

I have Nokia N8. I have done Symbian Anna update. Current version is 022.014.250.05

I am not happy because:
1. I have lost the original colours and Nokia theme and got some dull colours and font. Symbian....  Cry
2. When I use pre-dial to India, when it says dial the number then it takes me pulse option instead of tone. It means it takes lot of time to enter all the numbers and it is very slow. I have to enter all the numbers very slowly and wait for the next digit to enter. I am fed up.
Please help me if you have any solution. I am ready to remove Symbian Anna and go back to original Nokia N8 default settings.

FYI: I have unlocked the phone officially from Tesco by paying £20.
I do not know, if I do Factory reset i.e. Delete data and restore etc. If I do this, will it again lock to Tesco network? or no?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards
Vijay
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »

Pulse dialling on a cellphone? Really? That's something I've never heard of!

Regarding resetting and whether your phone will become locked again, the answer is no it won't. Even if it were to happen, you presumably already have the unlock code from Tesco anyway.
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »

Thanks for reply davegr.

Tesco has not given the code to me. They said, keep the phone switched off after 00:00hrs for couple of hours and then start it in the morning. It will get unlocked  Cry  They are very smart....
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

Thanks for reply davegr.

Tesco has not given the code to me. They said, keep the phone switched off after 00:00hrs for couple of hours and then start it in the morning. It will get unlocked  Cry  They are very smart....

Hiya.

You need 2 programs: Navifirm and Phoenix Service Software. I'm sorry I can't give you the links now because I'm away from my laptop. Both programs are fairly easy to find using google. Also. You need to know you can't roll back to the old software. You could try to install a different country version to see if that helps or reinstall the current one using NSU program(nokia software update).

Mind you. You could cause more damage if you're not careful. Please have your battery fully charged and a stable both computer and internet connection.

Let me know if you have any querries.

Good luck.

dlR
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:36:31 PM by delaro » Logged

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »

Pulse dialling on a cellphone? Really? That's something I've never heard of!

Regarding resetting and whether your phone will become locked again, the answer is no it won't. Even if it were to happen, you presumably already have the unlock code from Tesco anyway.

You can't get it locked once it's been unlocked using a remote code.

HTH

dlR

pease

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:57:59 PM »

flashing the software will void the warranty on the phone. You can probally change dialing settings through the options.
smethrony

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:06:47 AM »

gsm booster provide best network frequency for Mobile
farhanyousaf007

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »

People still Nokia? Oh wait, does Nokia still exist?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: