Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:44:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are these a scam ?  (Read 26910 times)
Mcmarshon

« on: November 15, 2011, 11:27:39 PM »

Advertised on ebay as free internet for the year, even with no top up. Must be too good to be true.

Would i be correct ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-MOBILE-MICRO-SIM-CARD-PAYG-3G-IPAD-IPHONE-4-1-YEARS-FREE-INTERNET-/260883050538?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV&hash=item3cbdd7702a#ht_604wt_922
jagga303

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »

You joined this forum tonight and eight minutes later your first post about this?HuhHuh
Are you selling these sim cards?
Mcmarshon

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:06:40 AM »

Isn't that why you join a forum, to ask advice/opinions ?
Mcmarshon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »

News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members to our 3rd year of action !  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.         

jagga303

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:21:56 AM »

Most of the times when someone joins this forum it is indeed to gain advice and opinions. But mostly when they are new they tend to ask about the services which are available on here rather than post something and say its free for a year when in fact its £19.99.
You may be a genuine new member here and I welcome you onto this forum and hope you enjoy your stay here, but it just seemed a bit strange to me that a few mins after joining you would post about something which is on ebay and not something on this forum.
Mcmarshon

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »

Most of the times when someone joins this forum it is indeed to gain advice and opinions. But mostly when they are new they tend to ask about the services which are available on here rather than post something and say its free for a year when in fact its £19.99.
You may be a genuine new member here and I welcome you onto this forum and hope you enjoy your stay here, but it just seemed a bit strange to me that a few mins after joining you would post about something which is on ebay and not something on this forum.

Just found a recent thread that you started concerning tmobile sims, i presume that this is where they have been sourced from. It could even be you that is selling them.

So.....thanks for the welcome, you could have pointed me in that direction.

I'm going to try my hand and buy one, and then get my free internet for the year.

So how many did you obtain from tmobile and is it working well ?
jagga303

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »

Just found a recent thread that you started concerning tmobile sims, i presume that this is where they have been sourced from. It could even be you that is selling them.

So.....thanks for the welcome, you could have pointed me in that direction.

I'm going to try my hand and buy one, and then get my free internet for the year.

So how many did you obtain from tmobile and is it working well ?
I don't think so mate as the one I posted about was a contract with minutes and texts and booster and it was a glitch on t mobile website, so these sim cards are NOT the same.
About how many I obtained from T mobile then I think you need to read my original post carefully.
I'm not the one who is selling them as I only found out from you.
I don't need to point you in any direction, I was only welcoming you onto this forum.
Go ahead and buy one and pay the £19.99 for the year, I don't know where you are getting  " free internet for the year" from.

Maybe you are one of the unlucky people who missed out on the T mobile deal which I posted. Wink
Mcmarshon

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »

Go ahead and buy one and pay the £19.99 for the year, I don't know where you are getting  " free internet for the year" from.

Ok,sorry not totally free but around £1.66 a month aint bad is it ?
jagga303

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »

Go ahead and buy one and pay the £19.99 for the year, I don't know where you are getting  " free internet for the year" from.

Ok,sorry not totally free but around £1.66 a month aint bad is it ?
In all honesty, if the seller is legit, then I think its very good value, £1.66 per month for 500mb internet per month, you won't find better deal for internet as far as I'm aware.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »

It's worth mentioning T-Mobile blocks VOIP providers, ie Skype won't work...

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »

Advertised on ebay as free internet for the year, even with no top up. Must be too good to be true.

Would i be correct ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-MOBILE-MICRO-SIM-CARD-PAYG-3G-IPAD-IPHONE-4-1-YEARS-FREE-INTERNET-/260883050538?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV&hash=item3cbdd7702a#ht_604wt_922

I don't know whether these are a scam or not, but one factor that you might like to weigh is that T-Mobile sell a package called "6 month's internet" for £20: I have never heard of them selling one year package, let alone them selling it for a penny less than the 6 month's one !        Roll Eyes

If you have placed an order I wish you good luck, but I am inclined to me very slightly sceptical myself.       Wink

Note: there is an offer of free internet for a year ( after a £10 topup ) from T-Mobile: see here
*BUT* that is only for the iPhone 4s or iPhone 4, and involved a micro SIM (although the Nokia N9 and the Lumia 800 should also be compatible, as well as the iPad 2).        Wink
This deal is available *exclusively from T-Mobile online.*        Wink

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:52:41 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
pharmaa

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

for discussion on the  tmobile direct deal that mobaholic posted, see hukd post:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mobile-payg-sim-12-months-free-data-with-one-off-10-top-up-t-mobile-online-1061735
Mcmarshon

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »

Just a catch up. Got the sim today.

Stuck it in the ipad and got a message saying your 12 months free internet is ready to use so am quite happy with it !  Smiley

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

I assume there is a FUP?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

I assume there is a FUP?

500 MB per month??

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: