Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:38:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Send free SMS from smartphone to ANY mobile - JaxtrSMS app  (Read 22360 times)
psychopomp1

« on: December 16, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »

Hi

I've been using JaxtrSMS app on my iphone 4S (also available on Android i believe) to send free sms anywhere in the world even to bog standard phones which don't/cannot have the app installed. The app works like a charm and i've not been spammed so far...touch wood! Now their t&c's initially sound pretty scary as they say they might pass your (and also your address book contacts') details onto third parties...however after doing a lot of research, it seems they cannot pass UK/EU customer details onto third parties irrespective of their t&c's due to the tough Data Protection laws which we have in UK - they would get their pants sued off if they tried it. I suspect their they will try to spam their US customers (where the app developers are based) and remember the USA doesn't have any proper Data Protection laws. God Bless America Grin

Anyway for those brave enough to try this app, do give it a try. So far it seems to be working fine...the messages are delivered over your 2G/3G/wifi internet connection.

www.jaxtrsms.com

Cheers Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:31:40 PM by psychopomp1 » Logged
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:18:36 PM »

By the way I don't think the developers are of USA but he is from India Mr. Sabeer Bhatia. He is the one who developed Hotmail too  Grin
psychopomp1

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »

By the way I don't think the developers are of USA but he is from India Mr. Sabeer Bhatia. He is the one who developed Hotmail too  Grin

But Jaxtrsms has an address in USA?

http://www.jaxtrsms.com/privacy.html
(at bottom)

JaxtrSMS, 82 Pioneer Way, Suite 109, Mountain View, CA 94041, USA.
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »

I do agree with the address but they do have operations in India where the main work has been carried out to support Jaxtr SMS, if you are aware of Jaxtr free calls which were launched few years ago, they were also  on the mainland of USA as well as operated in India too. Tongue
yoursinlove

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »

I tried to install the software on my Nokia X6, but it says 'No compatible version is found'.

KHAN
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 01:52:40 AM »

I am using this app for the last few months and I can say its an excellent service. You can send SMS to almost everywhere. I am not sure about the security issues which I am not too much concerned about. The SMS reaches pretty quick but I should admit that its not 100% guaranteed all the time but almost 99% of my SMS has reached its destination immediately.
seanjoe

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »

I still think the SMS service we have on this forum is the best, as it helps those who do not have internet on their phones, which I'm sure a few of us fall into.
yoursinlove

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »

I still think the SMS service we have on this forum is the best, as it helps those who do not have internet on their phones, which I'm sure a few of us fall into.

I would disagree with it.

First of all like call services, we don't have other options except Mikael's service.

Secondly, I used to use this service but because of issues time to time, I had to switch to websites for Internationl texting.

I can't rely on that Now. It's my personal problem, I don't accept the things, which disappoint me at some crucial times. On the other hand, I am a big fan of Mikael's 03 conference service.

So, it would be best, if some other members on this forum present some alternatives, in case of problem with one we can switch to other (as I do with calling options).

KHAN
yoursinlove

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »

One more thing I forget to mention, Mikael's Text through service works only with Orange and Vodafone. So, there must be something for O2, Three, T-mobile and other network users.

KHAN
shani22

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »

amazing app. i like it.i am using it now from my iphone 4s...i really appreciate it Smiley Smiley
raf_shc

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »

no app on AppStore. Has it been removed?
jagga303

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »

I would like to use this from iPhone, please can someone explain how to get this for iPhone as its not on app store.
atinjain05

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »

This is the link

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jaxtr-sms/id455652621?ls=1&mt=8

shani22

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

I would like to use this from iPhone, please can someone explain how to get this for iPhone as its not on app store.

its been removed from app store. so i am also afraid how can i use this?
jagga303

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »

Thanks but this is no longer on the app store, is there any other way of installing this on iphone?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: