Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:59:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebtel - Cool cheap calls around the globe and some FREE!  (Read 6508 times)
ndiqbal

« on: August 07, 2008, 11:46:09 PM »

Make cheap international calls from your mobile phone.
How?

1) You give us the phone number of a friend in another
country, and we give you a local number for them.

2) Save this number on your mobile so you can call
your friend whenever you want, for a fraction of your
normal international rate.

Click here:http://www.rebtel.com/en/Home/
Also giving FREE 10 minutes trial at present.

Enjoy!

Kind Regards
Nadz
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »

Make cheap international calls from your mobile phone.
How?

1) You give us the phone number of a friend in another
country, and we give you a local number for them.

2) Save this number on your mobile so you can call
your friend whenever you want, for a fraction of your
normal international rate.

Click here:http://www.rebtel.com/en/Home/
Also giving FREE 10 minutes trial at present.

Enjoy!

Kind Regards
Nadz

I have come across this product before, but this is the first time that there has been a post about it on this forum.
Thanks Nadz.        Smiley

I had one mischievous thought when I read it: is it possible to set up a foreign callthrough number as the one you want to call, and to get a landline number to contact it ?

I guess that someone must have had such a thought before: has anyone tried it to see if it's possible ?

If so, please report below this post.

Thanks.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »

I had one mischievous thought when I read it: is it possible to set up a foreign callthrough number as the one you want to call, and to get a landline number to contact it ?

I guess that someone must have had such a thought before: has anyone tried it to see if it's possible ?

If so, please report below this post.

Thanks.

I had tried something similar to that in the past. But that was not useful. So didnt used the service.. I don't know if it is the same case now..
Here is what I tried.
I just wanted to test the quality using the first free 10 minutes. At the same time I had something to enquire with my bank in my home country. I  set the bank customer care number as my destination number and got a local number for that. Later I called the local number and it did connect to the bank's customer care. Quality was also not that bad.. But the worst thing was when the bank's automated answering system (IVR??) asked me to enter/dial my account number and other things. Unfortunately the other side was NOT recognising my key strokes. They finally prompted me 3 times and said 'Good Bye' in a sweet tone.. Smiley

I assume if we make a call to a call through number it would connect, but we may not be able to dial the final destination number..  Cry

Others are free to report if they find me wrong..  Wink

-NS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: