Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Sim Card (Free Roaming in 90 countries, incl. UAE)  (Read 12016 times)
seanjoe

« on: February 09, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

Hi All,
Just got this link from a sim card called WORLD SIM. It gives you a UK and US access number, and also £10. If you go through gumtree, they are giving it for this offer (normally costs £39.99) for the sim.

so if you buy the sim, and get a UK number by registering, and then give it to your friends/relatives in the UAE, you can call them for free, and it does not cost them to receive the call from you.

6 Zones of world classification.
Free countries include Australia, NZ, and the UAE.

Too much and it really sounds too good.
here are the links:

http://www.gumtreedeals.com/deals/london/world-sim-international-sim-card
http://www.worldsim.com/TariffsMulti.aspx

I think we have a real bargain here.!!!!

The £10 you spend for the sim is given as credit, so effectively FREE.
jagga303

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

Its very good but zone 2 calling countries are only free to receive calls during weekdays, at weekends it will cost 12p per minute to receive call, this includes UAE.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:23:30 PM by jagga303 » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »

The reason they cost at the weekend is because the sim uses Manx Telecom numbers which have lower revenue at the weekend. Another issue with this is that they are only inclusive from O2, Orange and Vodafone. People calling you from T-Mobile and Three would get stung quite heavily!
Graham

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »

Davegr, are you quite sure about calls to 079245xxxx being inclusive on Vodafone??  Huh I would very much doubt that calls to this number range are inclusive on their standard pay monthly packages. Calls to Manx Telecom's 07624s were something like 50p a minute, if I remember rightly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:11:45 PM by Graham » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »

Actually when I wrote that I wasn't entirely sure they are inclusive on *all* of Vodafones packages but from what I remember when operating my 07924 call-through, they are on most.

07624 may be charged so highly due to it falling into the radio-paging range (076xx) for which I think Vodafone has a blanket charge of 51p per minute (probably 50p before the VAT increase).
Graham

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

I have tried to ascertain their costs for calling the 07924 number range, but Vodafone are vague, to say the least, on their website. They do charge all 076 numbers at 51p a minute, as you rightly say, but are not at all clear about other chargeable 07 numbers, unlike Orange. They mention " a few special 07 numbers," not being included in your plan's monthly minute allowance, but that's all.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-monthly/call-charges/index.htm?ssSourceSiteId=
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

I suppose the only way to be sure is to try it, which is exactly what they want. Smiley
smethrony

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:41 AM »

gsm booster provide best network frequency for Mobile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: