Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:09:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile needed for Conference Calls  (Read 19028 times)
fareed

« on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »

Hi All,

I am looking for a mobile to make units on O2 by using landline topup service. My current mobile can make only 2 calls at a time. I am looking for a cheapers mobile  Wink because I already have baught IPhone4S on 3 for unlimited data.

can you recommend me a mobile for conference calling please.

Kind Regards,

Fareed
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »

Are you sure your current mobile can only handle 2 calls at a time? I ask because I thought the same about one of my phones but then realised that conference calling is actually handled by the network and not the phone!
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »

I agree with davegr entirely.  I have been conference calling on a very old Nokia 3510 for nearly 2 years now, with no problems at all.
My 'phone must be at least 10 years old now !        Shocked

Once conference calling is enabled by your network, even the oldest handset will do it.       Wink

Have you forgotten to read Mikael's OP, where he points out that O2 only offer this service for it's iPhone contracts ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
jagga303

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

I agree with davegr entirely.  I have been conference calling on a very old Nokia 3510 for nearly 2 years now, with no problems at all.

Once conference calling is enabled by your network, even the oldest handset will do it.       Wink

Have you forgotten to read Mikael's OP, where he points out that O2 only offer this service for it's iPhone contracts ?        Undecided

Your last line is not quite true mobaholic, as conference calling is available on O2 business contracts too.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:46 AM »

Your last line is not quite true mobaholic, as conference calling is available on O2 business contracts too.

That's fair enough, but I didn't see fareed mention anything about having a business contract.        Roll Eyes

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
fareed

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

jagga303 and mobaholic

Sorry guys thats my fault.

I am on o2 simplicity £10 package with unlimited landline using Sony Ericson W810i. This phone allows me to make only 2 calls at a time. This is not a business deal.

Fareed
jagga303

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »

jagga303 and mobaholic

Sorry guys thats my fault.

I am on o2 simplicity £10 package with unlimited landline using Sony Ericson W810i. This phone allows me to make only 2 calls at a time. This is not a business deal.

Fareed

Hi Fareed

Your tariff o2 simplicity @ £10, does not allow conference calling. If you would like to activate it on your tariff, o2 will charge you 8 pence per minute per call in the conference.

Your mobile phone can make conference calls, but the reason you can only make 2 calls at a time is because your tariff is restricted to a maximum of 2 calls at a time.

Hope this helps you and I'm pretty sure this is not the news you wanted to hear.  Shocked
fareed

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

Hi Fareed

Your tariff o2 simplicity @ £10, does not allow conference calling. If you would like to activate it on your tariff, o2 will charge you 8 pence per minute per call in the conference.

Your mobile phone can make conference calls, but the reason you can only make 2 calls at a time is because your tariff is restricted to a maximum of 2 calls at a time.

Hope this helps you and I'm pretty sure this is not the news you wanted to hear.  Shocked
Hi jagga303,
Thanks for your help. I have activated the conference calling through O2 online agent today before reading your post. O2 Rep. didn't mention about the 8P charge. I am not going to use it for conference calling now after reading your post.

jagga303

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »

Hi jagga303,
Thanks for your help. I have activated the conference calling through O2 online agent today before reading your post. O2 Rep. didn't mention about the 8P charge. I am not going to use it for conference calling now after reading your post.

Give them a call again and ask them the conference call facility which they have activated, what are the charges if any.
I think that the rep should have told you before activating.
I know all this because I have same sim only tariff and I asked 3-4 days ago and I was told 8p per call in the conference.

Let me know how you get on.
fareed

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »

Give them a call again and ask them the conference call facility which they have activated, what are the charges if any.
I think that the rep should have told you before activating.
I know all this because I have same sim only tariff and I asked 3-4 days ago and I was told 8p per call in the conference.

Let me know how you get on.

Just finished the chat with them. They told me "O2 - May: I've checked the account, however, this is not fee, you'll charged 15.3p per minute for the conference call." Cry

I have cancelled the service now.
jagga303

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »

Just finished the chat with them. They told me "O2 - May: I've checked the account, however, this is not fee, you'll charged 15.3p per minute for the conference call." Cry

I have cancelled the service now.
well that's nearly double what they quoted me, I will ask again in a couple of days and post back.
smethrony

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 05:50:49 AM »

gsm booster provide best network frequency for Mobile
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »

T-mobile offers simple, cost effective and flexible group call that can maintain regular contact. You can speck with conference using your mobile phone option. When you talk with someone and if some calling you then you can active the old caller.

Absolute Genius!
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »

T-mobile offers simple, cost effective and flexible group call that can maintain regular contact. You can speck with conference using your mobile phone option. When you talk with someone and if some calling you then you can active the old caller.

It is hard finding information on group calling on the T-Mobile website.        Cry

Many T-Mobile users know nothing about it.

Can you provide a URL where it can be viewed please ?        Undecided

How much does it cost, and how do you get it activated ?        Undecided

TIA.

shani22

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »

its up to ur network 02.not from ur phone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: