Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ovivo - Free stuff every month for £5 one off  (Read 15643 times)
NewStarter

« on: May 25, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »

Found this on hotukdeals. Too good to be true.

200 min, 200sms , 512 Mb per month for £5 one off, then £0 per month!

More on ovivo
pharmaa

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »

Hot...hot...hot  -  thanks NS for the post

Damn - won't work in my 10 year old nokia.

http://ovivomobile.com/faq/?faqs=4#faqs-question4

In order to qualify for the free usage in our tariffs, you must use a supported mobile phone.  We support all Android, iPhone and Windows Phone 7 devices.

We hope to have BlackBerry support up and running in June 2012, so follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be kept informed of any new services or promotions.

Please note, that if you use your Ovivo SIM card in an unsupported handset, you will lose your free monthly allowances and may be refused service.  Please see our Service Terms and Conditions for more information and if in doubt, contact our customer services.
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »

See the latest comments at the below link:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/200-min-200sms-512-mb-per-month-for-5-one-off-0-per-month-sponsored-ads-ovivo-mobile-1225914?page=2#post14588106
BJ

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:28:00 AM »

Has a UK Call Centre  Smiley

http://www.mplcontact.com/news/article/ovivo-mobile-to-partner-with-mplcontact-on-customer-service-facility-for-new-mobile-service
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »

Guys!

Beware of companies that you know nothing or very little about (if you like to keep your personal details to yourself i.e. bank/credit card details, login info on different sites including your online banking logins etc). If you don't mind them sharing/selling your personal details to third parties (including scammers) then you're most welcome to use such services. Personally I would prefer to get a mobile broadband dongle and pay per month a certain amount of money rather than using such services.

AQ
BJ

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »

This was drawn to my attention.

http://ovivomobile.com/about/

"we do not disclose your name, address or mobile number to 3rd parties "

which  contradicts whats written in the T&Cs

http://ovivomobile.com/privacy/

"USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
 We use information held about you in the following ways:
 • To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
 • To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
 • To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
 • To notify you about changes to our service.
 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. By using the Service you consent to us sharing your information with third parties for advertising campaigns and agree to be contacted by mail, email, text or telephone. If you disable any device to block receipt of such communication we shall be entitled to terminate the Service to you. "
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »

There are also some allegetions expressed on HUKD by user kas786:

"I thought this was a great deal till my dad checked up on them, he's requested i put some info on this site for other HUKD'ers to see as he doesn't want us falling foul of such a company

Here's his comments ...

Seems the owners are the types who setup co's then within 2 yrs close them down to avoid VAT & Taxes. They do have a history of this already (more info to follow below). Like my son i thought this was a mega hot deal but then checking the companies history I've decided not to allow my details to be passed onto them. I feel they may be using the data/ID info for their own unscrupulous activites (ie selling on to other parties without the users knowledge, also location & other online activity details).

The company details:

07768728 : OVIVO MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED (setup 9/9/11). Originally called OZONE MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED (changed name on 26/1/12) - 1 director company (ie SME - small business - a 1 man band it seems?)

07456222 : MOBIUS MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT SOLUTIONS LIMITED (setup 1/12/10)

This is one of his other companies (he has 3)

07435849 : GRAND SLAM MOBILE LIMITED (setup on 10/11/10) the 1st years accounts should have been up to 30th November 2011, no accounts or other paperwork (bar setup info) filed with companies house.
Risk : Credit Rating is Suspended - Exercise extreme caution. Exercise extreme caution in dealing with this company. This Company is being voluntarily wound up.

From the above it would seem there is a history of this 33 yr old (yes that's how old the boss is of these co's) closing companies down within a short period of time. They are all new companies, the model as most of the other members state is not sustainable, an individual would not setup a company and not desire a profit, this would be an ideal way of harvesting peoples credit/debit card numbers, other ID info & info on my surfing habits & location history & then selling them onto the highest bidder. The chances the owner will be reprimanded for it are very slim knowing the likes of most government bodies!

If possible use as an emergency backup phone only & make the payment either with a prepaid card or with a card linked to an account with little or no activity.

Just my thoughts/views as always other HUKD'ers can flame me for my comments but i thought i did put up some pertinent comments re: the gamedemon in the past. Even though some of the HUKD sites were still advertising that phony co's wares!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:40:55 PM by delaro » Logged

smethrony

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

gsm booster provide best network frequency for Mobile
yoursinlove

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »

Has someone tried it recently,
Feedback please?

KHAN
BJ

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »

As predicted by some.It couldnt last.

The offer has been changed for the worse read this http://ovivomobile.com/1379/blog/imp...vivos-service/ carefully.
BJ

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

Since i last posted they have upped their offer again, increased allowances, and cut out of bundle call charges.

See http://ovivomobile.com/blog/
Paul Varjak

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »

I got an email today from Ovivo outlining the increased free allowances.

I just use my Ovivo mobile as a backup to my main mobile. I keep it in the car for emergencies. It was very handy over Xmas when I was away and forgot to take my main mobile with me. I just transferred the SIM into my 3G Chromebook and happily browsed the internet and made a few calls.

Apparently, you can have as many SIMS as you want so I may just get another SIM and keep it permanently in the Chromebook.
yoursinlove

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »

Is there any other service available in the market, similar to OVIVO, providing minutes, text, etc for one off payment for the whole year?

Or anything similar with more minutes as no any hassle or commitment Huh

KHAN
BJ

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:20 PM »

They offer add on bundles for when you need more minutes,

http://ovivomobile.com/our-offer/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: