Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best T-mobile Sim only deal?  (Read 27048 times)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »

Not quite on-topic but I didn't feel it appropriate to make a new thread, I just got a 24 month 3000 minute contract from T-Mobile via mobiles.co.uk. It's £56 per month but I get £570 automatic cashback, bringing it down to £32.25. There is also the option for 15 months free by redemption instead (effective monthly cost £21) but I didn't want to run the risk of my cashback being refused due to my intended usage pattern.

What's most interesting is that according to the results of sending "AL" to 150, the plan appears to also have 30 minutes of international calls included though I'm not yet sure which countries are covered. Also the unlimited texts on this plan seem to be in the form of a flexible booster, which it seems can be changed, even though flexible boosters are apparently not available on new plans issued since 1st February.

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

.... Also the unlimited texts on this plan seem to be in the form of a flexible booster, which it seems can be changed, even though flexible boosters are apparently not available on new plans issued since 1st February.

I don't know on what basis you make that statement davegr, but I got a T-Mobile contract through mobiles.co.uk also, which started in April of this year.
It had a flexible booster of unlimited texts, which I immediately got changed into unlimited landline calling.        Wink

Did you perhaps neglect to spot that ALL contracts on T-mobile of £20 per month or more qualify for a free flexible booster ?        Undecided

I can't find the right link right now, but it does say this clearly somewhere on the T-Mobile website.       Wink

If you look here, there seem to be a few exceptions, so it may not be a simple as I suggest, but nevertheless they do say somewhere that over a qualifying price, all are offered a free flexible booster.         Grin

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »

I think the confusion comes from the definition of 'flexible booster' and 'unlimited booster'. As far as I can tell new plans get an 'unlimited booster' however in the My T-Mobile application they are referred to as 'flexible booster'. The same app also says that "flexible booster's" are not available on plans issued after 1st February 2012. In practice though unlimited boosters and flexible boosters appear to be the same thing.

The bigger mystery is why I seem to have a free international calls allowance. Do you know anything about this? I've searched over the t-mobile site but can't find anything about it. They do have a USA & Canada booster with 120 minutes and a Europe & Australasia booster with 60 minutes, neither of which explain the 30 minute allowance.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »

Sorry I don't know about international calling, as my plan doesn't have it.        Cry

However, I have found the link to which I referred for you.        Cheesy

If you joined or moved to a pay monthly plan with 300 inclusive minutes or more, after 1 February 2012, you get a choice of Unlimited Booster at no extra cost.

As you say, it refers to unlimited rather than flexible, but as far as I can see there is no real difference.  I certainly had no difficulty getting mine changed as soon as I got my SIM.        Smiley

Note:-

You can also swap your Unlimited Booster once every 30 days by texting the code below or logging into My T-Mobile.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:03:45 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

With respect to your last quote, I've never actually seen a way to change the flexible booster in My T-Mobile, only to add an extra one at a cost of £5.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »

With respect to your last quote, I've never actually seen a way to change the flexible booster in My T-Mobile, only to add an extra one at a cost of £5.

I think the price is £5-10 now davegr, but with regards to swapping one, I have neither looked nor tried.
However, as I said earlier, there was no problem getting customer services to do it for me.       Wink

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

Now that My T-Mobile has updated, I can say that the international calls appear to be to all countries:

09/06/2012 11:58:22   00220778XXXX   International & Premium Calls    00:00:10   £0.00
09/06/2012 11:52:58   003364000XXXX   International & Premium Calls    00:00:29   £0.00

The international call allowance isn't shown anywhere in My T-Mobile, only by sending "AL" to 150, so you might want to try the same with your contract if you haven't already done so. ;-)
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »

The international call allowance isn't shown anywhere in My T-Mobile, only by sending "AL" to 150, so you might want to try the same with your contract if you haven't already done so. ;-)

I followed your advice, but I only have texts, 300 mins., and ULAN.        Cry

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

Which contract do you have?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 12:21:21 AM »

Now that my new billing period has started, I snapped some photos of the message returned by sending "AL" to 150.

delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »

Davegr, FYI you need to wait 30 days from the contract start date in order to be able to change the unlimited text booster.

HTH

dlR

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »

Davegr, FYI you need to wait 30 days from the contract start date in order to be able to change the unlimited text booster.

HTH

dlR

I'm not sure about that as I managed to change from unlimited texts to unlimited landlines last night. Perhaps you have to wait for your next billing period?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »

I'm not sure about that as I managed to change from unlimited texts to unlimited landlines last night. Perhaps you have to wait for your next billing period?

Dave, have changed by text or called c/s??

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

By text to 879.
smethrony

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »

gsm booster provide best network frequency for Mobile
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: