Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tmobile and orange porting issues  (Read 20306 times)
mku

« on: July 22, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »

Hi _ Previously, on Tmobile and Orange, when the one month minimum contract period was over on a one month pay monthly sim only contract, I had no issues with getting the PAC code and the bill stopped on the day the PAC code got ported over to the third network

This time around, when I contacted Tmobile on the 40th day of a 30 day sim only contract ( essentially, I was past the minimum contract period) for a PAC code, I was told by 3 different persons on 3 different occasions that it is a rolling contract and there will be a minimum notice period of 30 days to be given.

I was told that even if I use the PAC code on day 41 and port over successfully to another network, I will have to pay the bill for notice period to Tmobile till day 70

Have the rules changed recently? Is Tmobile right in the above case? Has anyone had similar experiences or is there a way around these seemingly new rules that I have not been made aware of when I bought ?

I had similar issues with orange in the last month which is still under dispute
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »

As far as I know that has always been the case that your 30 days disconnection notice starts from the day you ring them to cancel your contract. So if you ring them on the 1st day of your 30 days contract your contract will end on the 30th day. In your case you called on the 40th day so your contract would end on the 70th day. I may be wrong but I think it has always been like this.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

As far as I know that has always been the case that your 30 days disconnection notice starts from the day you ring them to cancel your contract. So if you ring them on the 1st day of your 30 days contract your contract will end on the 30th day. In your case you called on the 40th day so your contract would end on the 70th day. I may be wrong but I think it has always been like this.

That's right. 30 days of notice from the day you ring them. In other words the contract renews itself on a daily basis - and there's always 30days notice starting from the day you request it to be terminated.

HTH

dlR

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:50:07 PM by delaro » Logged

mku

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

If on the 40th day of a 30 day contract, I take the PAC code and transfer to another network, will there be charges till the 70th day though porting has taken place successfully on the 42nd day ?
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »

Offcourse. They will charge you for the 30 days (that's why it's called a 30 days contract) even if you port your number to the new network on the 42nd day.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »

If on the 40th day of a 30 day contract, I take the PAC code and transfer to another network, will there be charges till the 70th day though porting has taken place successfully on the 42nd day ?

mku, Am I right assuming that you must have been PAYG user before you went on SIM only?

mku

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:31:41 PM »

No, I have always been a long term ( 18 month or 24 month) contract user, just happened more recently to take out additional 30 day sim only contracts to supplement minutes and for relatives who were visiting for short holiday

Networks like talkmobile do not charge in above situation - If you port out on the 42nd day of a 30 day sim only contract, the bill stops on the 42nd day

If you give notice to end contract ( rather than port out ) on the 40th day, with talkmobile, then , it will end on the 70th day with 30 days considered notice period
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:33:37 PM by mku » Logged
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »

No, I have always been a long term ( 18 month or 24 month) contract user, just happened more recently to take out additional 30 day sim only contracts to supplement minutes and for relatives who were visiting for short holiday

Networks like talkmobile do not charge in above situation - If you port out on the 42nd day of a 30 day sim only contract, the bill stops on the 42nd day

If you give notice to end contract ( rather than port out ) on the 40th day, with talkmobile, then , it will end on the 70th day with 30 days considered notice period

Thanks very much for the additional info.

AFAIK all 5 big mobile providers require 30 days notice in order to terminate 30days sim only contract.

Mind you - I think the same rule would apply to any other longer contract as well.

HTH

dlR
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:25:12 PM by delaro » Logged

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »

I once called Tesco Mobile to terminate a contract and it was done with immediate effect (SIM registration failed while I was still on the call to CS even). This was about a year and a half ago, so I don't know if it's still the same now.
BJ

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:07:05 AM »

SIM only 30 day plans

If you decide to upgrade or cancel your contract you'll need to give 30 days notice to us by phone

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/terms-and-conditions/sim-only/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:10:26 AM by BJ » Logged
mku

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

The rules are fine for cancellation of contract after minimum period - there is no controversy in that - 30 days notice is needed to be given from the customer

When you port out, you should not have to pay anything after the porting has been successful, as long as you are out of the minimum contract period of a month - in this, some networks dont charge after port out but some do , and that is causing confusion as to which do and which dont
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »

The rules are fine for cancellation of contract after minimum period - there is no controversy in that - 30 days notice is needed to be given from the customer

When you port out, you should not have to pay anything after the porting has been successful, as long as you are out of the minimum contract period of a month - in this, some networks dont charge after port out but some do , and that is causing confusion as to which do and which dont

and what if pac request equals termination request??

BJ

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

When you port out, you should not have to pay anything after the porting has been successful, as long as you are out of the minimum contract period of a month

T-Mobile always normally stick to 30 day rule.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:55:35 PM by BJ » Logged
mku

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »

PAC request will equate to termaination request only when you port out on 28th day for completion on 30th day - this scenario will be rare and the customer has to pay a months charges, I agree in this case , but when PAC code is taken and ported out immediately, the customer should not be penalised with silly 30 day notice charges as long as they are out of the minimum contract period, anyway this is my opinion
mku

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »

Many networks are trying to exploit grey areas in the contract and make customers shell out, is my feeling
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: