Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:29:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Mobile Broadband !!!  (Read 8499 times)
BJ

« on: August 07, 2012, 04:17:39 AM »

Not strictly Free because you do need to buy a SIM for £5, or a dongle & SIM for £25,

But then after that you want need to  pay them for mobile broadband  again.

They give it to you for free, and in return you select and watch adverts. You choose what to watch and when to watch it.

Its available for tablet & laptop owners and they use 3  mobile data network  in the UK.

www.sambamobile.com

mku

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »

seems to be a good offer on the face of it - how long have forum members been using it and any drawbacks or feedabck would be welcome from anyone
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »

Also check out http://ovivomobile.com/.

Samba I believe runs on the Three network and Ovivo uses Vodafone.
BJ

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »

Samba I believe runs on the Three network

My original post " they use 3  mobile data network  in the UK."  no need to  believe. Grin
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »

That'll teach me for skimming the post I guess!
shaggy_x

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »

seems to be a good offer on the face of it - how long have forum members been using it and any drawbacks or feedabck would be welcome from anyone

I have been using Samba for the past 6 months or so. I am not a heavy user of tethering so this suits me fine on the odd occasion I need my iPad when out and about.

Samba works on the Three network, so any Three Mifi / USB dongle will work with the sim.

Building up data credit takes a while. You used to be able to open multiple ads all at the same time so you could easily view the day's entitlement of ads within 10 mins, but they have caught on to that, and now you can only view one ad at any time.

For that reason I have only managed to build up around 4Gb data over the past 6 months, but I dont top up every day and only do so a few days per month when I can remember!

Overall, a good service, as long as you bear the above points in mind.

Others might find deals like this a bit better and less hassle:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-3GB-Data-Preloaded-Card/dp/B004O73WXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359713756&sr=8-1
refreshnet

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »

Been using Samba on an iPad, like you say, when out and about.  It's really good, thoroughly recommended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: