Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dialacode short code cheap call service extended.  (Read 11729 times)
BJ

« on: September 13, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »

I see Calls from Orange Contract Phones and O2 Payg and Contract are now included by dialacode.

So it now works for all Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers on O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Three!

See: www.dialacode.com

Presumably that will be the case for other short code 29 xxxx providers of cheap calls also.

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:39:24 PM »

Rates are too high and seriously why would someone use this service when you can call for free ;-)
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

I hope admins will not mind me sharing this now, but there was a time when you could (as an orange contract customer roaming on t-mobile) call these codes for free... Charges simply did not appear on bills at all Wink

dlR
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:38:49 PM by delaro » Logged

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »

but there was a time when you could (as an orange contract customer roaming on t-mobile) call these codes for free... Charges simply did not appear on bills at all Wink

dlR

There "was" a time? So that's not the case anymore?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »

There "was" a time? So that's not the case anymore?

I tried this loophole again about couple months ago and charges appeared as advertised for other networks.

dlR

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

Probably because at the time the service wasn't supported on Orange contracts so there was no reason to provide billing.
andy

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:06 AM »

Rates are too high and seriously why would someone use this service when you can call for free ;-)

Where can you call to for free?

Don't forget that if you are using inclusive mobile minutes via other arrangements, those minutes have a cost, so using this in conjunction with something else to have calls to most of the world for about 3 pence a minute isn't so bad.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:43 AM »

Where can you call to for free?

Don't forget that if you are using inclusive mobile minutes via other arrangements, those minutes have a cost, so using this in conjunction with something else to have calls to most of the world for about 3 pence a minute isn't so bad.

I know the inclusive minutes do have costs but most people are on contracts these days and they're paying for those minutes anyway so why not use them to their maximum potential Smiley.
andy

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »

I know the inclusive minutes do have costs but most people are on contracts these days and they're paying for those minutes anyway so why not use them to their maximum potential Smiley.

But if someone is going to use all of their minutes anyway, then adding some calls at 3 pence a minute will be cheaper than extra minutes on the network tariff.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 09:19:04 AM »

But if someone is going to use all of their minutes anyway, then adding some calls at 3 pence a minute will be cheaper than extra minutes on the network tariff.

That's a good point  Smiley. Does this service also use your inclusive minutes (or your balance if you're on pay as you go) when you call their short codes?
BJ

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »

Rates are reasonable as discussed, and do you know a way of getting free calls to these destinations for payg users.
BJ

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

That's a good point  Smiley. Does this service also use your inclusive minutes (or your balance if you're on pay as you go) when you call their short codes?

Short codes are not included in inclusive minutes as far as i am aware. On Payg how else could it be charged other then to come out of your balance. Wink
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

Rates are reasonable as discussed, and do you know a way of getting free calls to these destinations for payg users.

I'm not sure but I think i_luv_free_calls was referring to making free calls in general not using this particular service... Unless I'm wrong Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: