Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:47:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vodafone £20.50 contract for £7.87 after cashback  (Read 55639 times)
jagga303

« on: March 08, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »

Saw this on HUKD.

12-month plan
£20.50 a month
Unlimited UK minutes for calls to mobiles and landlines (starting 01, 02, 03)
Unlimited standard UK texts
1 GB of UK internet
750 MB of UK Wi-Fi access

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/vodafone_-_personal/ £151.50 from topcashback

12x£20.50-151.50= 12months of £7.87

If you work for NHS or know anybody who works for NHS, then you can get extra 20% off directly from Vodafone.

Hope this helps.

Jagga303
shaggy_x

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »

Saw this on HUKD.

12-month plan
£20.50 a month
Unlimited UK minutes for calls to mobiles and landlines (starting 01, 02, 03)
Unlimited standard UK texts
1 GB of UK internet
750 MB of UK Wi-Fi access

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/vodafone_-_personal/ £151.50 from topcashback

12x£20.50-151.50= 12months of £7.87

If you work for NHS or know anybody who works for NHS, then you can get extra 20% off directly from Vodafone.

Hope this helps.

Jagga303

There are other companies too. But Voda wont give anyone a definitive list, the idea being that if you work for one of the companies then you will know about the discount!. If you search around on the net theres some lists floating around but nothing official
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »

...also, if you use discount codes or the line rental has got the discount applied the cashback might be declined...

dlR

sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »

Deal looking very attractive but I never used top cashback.

Can some one explain me how we will get the cashback and when? Who gives cashback.....Voda or TCB? Sorry for asking such questions.

Thanks & Regards
VJ
pharmaa

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »

Deal looking very attractive but I never used top cashback.

Can some one explain me how we will get the cashback and when? Who gives cashback.....Voda or TCB? Sorry for asking such questions.

Thanks & Regards
VJ

TCB gives the cashback.  Can take anything from a few weeks to a few months to obtain the cashback.  I suggest you read all the terms and conditions on the TCB website regarding the vodafone offer/cashback and also to read the HUKD posts, as it seems vodafone have been a wee bit iffy regarding the cashback to TCB and thus to the end customer.

It is a very good deal if the cashback tracks and is paid!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:00:17 PM by pharmaa » Logged
BJ

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:41:12 AM »

Its also worth noting  " To be eligible for Cashback on Vodafone Contracts you must be a new customer to Vodafone.
pharmaa

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

Its also worth noting  " To be eligible for Cashback on Vodafone Contracts you must be a new customer to Vodafone.

A very interesting and valid point there.  What is Vodafone's definition of a new customer?

1. Never had a contract before with vodafone, so not on their database - New customer definitely.

2. Had a voda contract before but no current voda contracts - will be on the database as an old customer.  If you take a new voda contract, does that mean you're a new customer or still an existing customer(through being an old customer).

3. You have an existing voda contract so you are a customer.  If you buy a new contract, does that mean voda classifies this as being a new customer.  I don't think so.

Decisions decisions.

Hope this clarifies for a few that are thinking of using TCB to buy a voda contract.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:28:54 PM by pharmaa » Logged
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »

A very interesting and valid point there.  What is the definition of a new customer?

1. Never had a contract before with vodafone, so not on their database - New customer definitely.

2. Had a voda contract before but no current voda contracts - will be on the database as an old customer.  If you take a new voda contract, does that mean you're a new customer or still an existing customer(through being an old customer).

3. You have an existing voda contract so you are a customer.  If you buy a new contract, does that mean voda classifies this as being a new customer.  I don't think so.

Decisions decisions.

Hope this clarifies for a few that are thinking of using TCB to buy a voda contract.

It's not a rocket science pharmaa. Don't make it so complicated please. A "new customer" simply means a new customer i.e. you're not an "existing" contract or pay as you go customer.

pharmaa

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »

Apologies for complicating it.  £150 pounds is a lot of money if members are basing their decisions on buying a contract.

I thought is was a straightforward and valid point.

It's just that the definition of a new customer is ambiguous because there is no definition on either TCB or Vodafone websites.

So if anyone who was an old customer with vodafone before and has taken a new voda contract and has been paid the cashback, please could you post here so that others will know that there is a chance of getting the cashback?

From a google search:
Definition Of New Customer
"We are debating the definition of a new customer between Marketing and Sales. Our contention is that new means we have never had an order from the customer before and need to set them up with a new customer ..."

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:42:23 PM by pharmaa » Logged
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:57:57 PM »

Ordered one Sim today. I am the first time customer to Vodafone and this is SiM only deal. Let's see when and how I get cash back.  Smiley Thanks guys for help.
VJ
atinjain05

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

Ordered one Sim today. I am the first time customer to Vodafone and this is SiM only deal. Let's see when and how I get cash back.  Smiley Thanks guys for help.
VJ

If its tracked correctly then you should be fine,will get money in 3 weeks time.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »

It's not a rocket science pharmaa. Don't make it so complicated please. A "new customer" simply means a new customer i.e. you're not an "existing" contract or pay as you go customer.

I agree with pharmaa. It is a valid point indeed and I'd love to know if someone who used to be the vodafone customer before could receive that cashback.

dlR

maverick_45ive

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

took this sim, thanks for posting
shaggy_x

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »

cashback is down to £121 this week (on TCB). I'm sure it will be up to £150 in a couple of weeks. I hope so! Even at £120 its a deal not to be sniffed at.

As for cashback not tracking - As long as you clear your cookies before logging on to quidco/TCB you should have no problem. Quidco pay out vodafone cashback within 3 weeks which is very quick and they have been very reliable for me.
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »

The status at TCB web site is as below:

Retailer                : Vodafone
Date                    : 10 Mar 2013
Estimated Payable  : 13 weeks
Statue                 : Pending
Cash Back            :£151.50

Cookies in web browser are enabled as advised. First time customer to Vodafone and SIM only deal. so fingers crossed.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: