Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:16:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a quick un-scientific survey - what network are you on and why!  (Read 7456 times)
shaggy_x

« on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »

Just wanted to ask anyone reading this, what network are you on, and why? Are you on it because its cheap, offers more minutes, you got a better phone off them or what?

Post reasons and details. It could help those of us deciding on which network offers the best deal etc when moving ...

I'll start:
I'm on Virgin pay monthly, £12 for 1200 mins, unlim texts, 1Gb data. I'm looking to move though as the network is very unreliable and hardly ever get 3G speeds - i dont think its because of Orange/T Mobile signal - just seems to be an issue with Virgin.

PS: does anyone read this forum ? Smiley
moonandstar

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:15:46 PM »

Network: o2
Tariff: On and On
Cost: £35.00 a month (recent price increases means from 01/04 it will be £37.50)
Minutes: Unlimited
Texts: Unlimited
Data: 1gb and unlimited wifi usage

Reason for this contract is O2 was the first network to have the iPhone and I just stuck with them because I have never had a problem with them.
Now EE has been formed i have been tempted to move away but so far have no reason to unless the new iPhone (whenever it gets released) is on a better deal with EE.
shaggy_x

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

Cost: £35.00 a month (recent price increases means from 01/04 it will be £37.50)

Reason for this contract is O2 was the first network to have the iPhone and I just stuck with them because I have never had a problem with them.
Now EE has been formed i have been tempted to move away but so far have no reason to unless the new iPhone (whenever it gets released) is on a better deal with EE.

I think Voda offer a similar deal, around £34 per month for the Voda Red tarriff.

I was on O2 for a long time, but recently moved away because theyre increasing their prices and are no longer good value. Although in terms of customer service, issues etc, i never had a problem. Their CS is/was really good.
jagga303

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »

1.Network: O2
Tariff: On&On
Price per month:£15.00 (sim only)
Unlimited minutes and texts & 1GB Data.

Happy with this contract at this price.

2.Network: virgin
Tariff: Premier
Price per month: £7.00 (sim only) (existing virgin media customer)
2500 xnet mins, unlimited texts and Data.

Extremely happy with this deal and the Data speeds are unbelievable. Currently using this sim in Samsung Galaxy S3 lte, and get download speeds between 13-20 megs. Much faster speeds than O2.
Customer service is outstanding too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:35:38 AM by jagga303 » Logged
umar2k3
Learner

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »

never use o2 they cancel my contact because i was using 03 number which txtncall offer for units.
refreshnet

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »

Vodafone because they offer best signal where I live and spend my leisure time.
Also benefit from their Employee Advantage program to reduce bill by 20%.
Was not particularly fussed about lack of 4G although coming soon, using Galaxy S4 so will benefit from 4G assuming coverage.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: