Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:12:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0845 callthroughs.  (Read 16388 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: August 19, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

Mikael messaged me this morning to say that the pre-dial and pd-dial 0845 callthroughs now allow calls to some extra destinations.

Previously they had simply be redirection numbers allowing calls to UK landline numbers only.        Wink

Now they will additionally allow call to the USA, Canada, and China also.        Smiley

Mikael writes that:-

Useful for people who wish to call via BT and are happy to make one of the access numbers their "Best Friend" number.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Jun Ace
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »

Hi MH.  Thank you for sharing with me the 0845 call through numbers.  I believe it will be a good help to everybody looking for a cheaper way to call other destinations, and it might even be better if we can use our inclusive minutes with this service.

Regards,

jun Ace Grin

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:25:43 PM by mobaholic » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »

Hi MH.  Thank you for sharing with me the 0845 call through numbers.  I believe it will be a good help to everybody looking for a cheaper way to call other destinations, and it might even be better if we can use our inclusive minutes with this service.

Regards,

jun Ace Grin

Many thanks for 'launching out' and making your first post here Jun Ace.        Smiley

I agree with your sentiments about calling 0845 inclusively, but, alas, since O2 disallowed all NGN calls from inclusive minutes, there is no current provider who allows that unfortunately.        Cry

That is why Mikael referred to BT users who nominate one of these numbers as their 'best friend' as the main beneficiaries.        Wink

Apart from that, Virgin seem to be the cheapest service to use currently, with a charge of 10p / min. ( 5p less that their standard charge of 15 ppm for the first 5 minutes ).        Wink

Of course 0845 numbers can be called through other services - and I hope that they will be also when Mikael can get around to looking at my NGN proposal here.        Grin

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
leighvamessage
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 03:41:54 AM »

How about Ikea Payg . 9p a minute to call 0845 numbers. Wink

Price List here: http://www.familymobile.co.uk/infopages/uk-price-sheet

If your  looking for a slightly cheaper way to call USA, Canada, and China   on payg  the Orange Payg Camel Tariff charges 6/7p a minute.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:54:19 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
prion

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:22:17 AM »

How about Ikea Payg . 9p a minute to call 0845 numbers. Wink

Price List here: http://www.familymobile.co.uk/infopages/uk-price-sheet

If your  looking for a slightly cheaper way to call USA, Canada, and China   on payg  the Orange Payg Camel Tariff charges 6/7p a minute.

That is very expensive! It is cheaper to dial via BT! Or directly via a calling card
leighvamessage
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »

That is very expensive! It is cheaper to dial via BT! Or directly via a calling card

Its not dear from a mobile which is what we were discussing. Wink
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »

I believe that 6 - 7p IS expensive from a mobile - seeing that they can be called for ~ 1.5p via a subscription service like Telesave, (or inclusively via pre-dial's geo services!)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:00:33 PM by Dave » Logged

leighvamessage
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »

I believe that 6 - 7p IS expensive from a mobile - seeing that they can be called for ~ 1.5p via a subscription service like Telesave, (or inclusively via pre-dial's geo services!)

Yes their are cheaper ways of calling 0845 numbers from mobile contract phones if you have inclusive minutes,but if your on PAYG you would not normally have inclusive minutes so you would have to pay to  dial the access number first then add the cost of the subscription service to it. So IMHO 9p is a good rate compared to other payg suppliers.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 04:32:25 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
mike

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 09:36:04 AM »

Granted that you are talking about calling from a mobile, 9p to call 0845 from an Ikea pay & go is still more than the 6/7p that prion reported to be the charge for direct dialling on the Orange pay & go Camel package isn't it ?  Undecided
You have confused me somewhere.  Huh

BTW you posted elsewhere about the new charges on Asda from September: do you know how much they will charge for calling NGN's like 0845 ?

leighvamessage
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 04:29:22 AM »

Granted that you are talking about calling from a mobile, 9p to call 0845 from an Ikea pay & go is still more than the 6/7p that prion reported to be the charge for direct dialling on the Orange pay & go Camel package isn't it ?  Undecided
You have confused me somewhere.  Huh

BTW you posted elsewhere about the new charges on Asda from September: do you know how much they will charge for calling NGN's like 0845 ?

It was i who suggested that you could call  USA, Canada, and China  via Orange PAYG Camel Tariff at 6/7 p . This is direct not via an 0845 number.

I cant find the tariiff for calls to 0845 on Asda PAYG, but if i recall correctly they were charged the same as normal 01/02/03 landline calls. Whether this changes from 1/9/08 i dont know.
mike

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 07:39:33 AM »

It was i who suggested that you could call  USA, Canada, and China  via Orange PAYG Camel Tariff at 6/7 p . This is direct not via an 0845 number.

I cant find the tariiff for calls to 0845 on Asda PAYG, but if i recall correctly they were charged the same as normal 01/02/03 landline calls. Whether this changes from 1/9/08 i dont know.

My mistake about your quote: I had just read prion's post, which contained the camel information, but hadn't noticed it was set in a quote.  Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying as much as you are able.  I asked about the Asda 0845 charges because I found their website extremely poor, and apparently lacking in such information!

I also cannot find anything about their data charges: do you have any idea about those?

leighvamessage
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »

My mistake about your quote: I had just read prion's post, which contained the camel information, but hadn't noticed it was set in a quote.  Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying as much as you are able.  I asked about the Asda 0845 charges because I found their website extremely poor, and apparently lacking in such information!

I also cannot find anything about their data charges: do you have any idea about those?

To keep things straight i have posted info in the Asda Payg thread see:

http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,257.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: