Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlocking iphone 5  (Read 7909 times)
jagga303

« on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

Hi All

If I want to unlock the iphone 5 which is currently locked to O2/EE/Vodafone, what is the procedure to get it unlocked from each network and cost?

The iphone 5's are from smartfonestore.com.

Many thanks in advance.

Jagga303
shaggy_x

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »

Hi All

If I want to unlock the iphone 5 which is currently locked to O2/EE/Vodafone, what is the procedure to get it unlocked from each network and cost?

Many thanks in advance.

Jagga303

You have to ask the network to unlock it. Beware of market stall type unlockers. They either won't be able to do it or will unlock using jailbreak which is not the proper way and not recommended.

If you need an unlocked iPhone then buy an unlocked one. iPhone's are a pain to get unlocked unless you are a customer of that network and even then it's not 100% guaranteed they will unlock it. Eg for orange/ee I think you have be om the network for 6 months before they unlock it
Angel

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »

Hi All

Many thanks in advance.

Jagga303

02 does that for free if you are on O2 contract. They have started unlocking IPhone 5 recently and I have unlocked mine two days ago.
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 09:30:31 AM »

02 does that for free if you are on O2 contract. They have started unlocking IPhone 5 recently and I have unlocked mine two days ago.

Totally agree with that, i have not done it yet but i have asked o2 customer services they shall do it for free as long as you are on contract
whereruuk

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »

Orange unlocking cost £20 and takes upto 20 working days to unlock iPhone 5.
jagga303

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:21 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the replies, very helpful.
shaggy_x

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »

Orange unlocking cost £20 and takes upto 20 working days to unlock iPhone 5.

Am I correct in thinking that Orange/EE will only unlock the iPhone 5 once youve been on the contract 6 months?

imrahat07

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »

Totally agree with that, i have not done it yet but i have asked o2 customer services they shall do it for free as long as you are on contract

O2 unlocks first phone(iPhone) free of cost, there is charges for unlocking after the first one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: