Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:57:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TalkTalk upgrade Offer  (Read 19341 times)
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've just renewed by Broadband and Landline contract with Talktalk and I think I've got a good deal. It may benefit some of you whose contract is up or due for renewal. You may get a better deal if you haggle a little bit. I was offered:

TalkTalk Plus Package 12 Months contract:

1. Line rental effectively £9.50/month. I paid £114 in advance for 12 months, usual price is £14.50/month.

2. Anytime Unlimited calls to 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers (max 60 minutes per call as we all know)

3. Free "International Booster" which is usually £3.50/month. It includes unlimited landline calls to 36 countries including USA, Australia and some EU countries. Full list can be found here: http://www.talktalk.co.uk/boosts/international-calls

4. Free "Calling Features Boost" Gives you features like Caller Display, Call Divert, Call Waiting, Ringback, Reminder Call and Three Way Calling (to make 3 calls at a time Wink). Usual price for this feature is £4.10/month

5. Free Brand New router as I complained the old one is playing up, which isn't though  Smiley, it's just too old.

6. Unlimited Broadband for £7.75/month.

So I'll be paying effectively £17.25/month (£9.50+£7.75) for all the above services.

Hope it helps someone  Smiley
AQ
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:48:05 PM by i_luv_free_calls » Logged
shaggy_x

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »

Thats a good deal. How do you find Talk Talk in terms of speed.

I have heard many a horror story about Talk Talk's atrocious customer service though Sad

Was this a 12 or 24 months contract?

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »

I have heard many a horror story about Talk Talk's atrocious customer service though Sad

I've been with them for 3 years now and thankfully never had any problems. It's a 12M contact.
getcopy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »

You have got a very good deal.
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 03:54:43 AM »

I have got the same deal last month. I thought this is some thing they give it to everyone although they have not given me an extra router. its all about customer retention.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:31:52 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've just renewed by Broadband and Landline contract with Talktalk and I think I've got a good deal. It may benefit some of you whose contract is up or due for renewal. You may get a better deal if you haggle a little bit. I was offered:

TalkTalk Plus Package 12 Months contract:

1. Line rental effectively £9.50/month. I paid £114 in advance for 12 months, usual price is £14.50/month.

2. Anytime Unlimited calls to 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers (max 60 minutes per call as we all know)

3. Free "International Booster" which is usually £3.50/month. It includes unlimited landline calls to 36 countries including USA, Australia and some EU countries. Full list can be found here: http://www.talktalk.co.uk/boosts/international-calls

4. Free "Calling Features Boost" Gives you features like Caller Display, Call Divert, Call Waiting, Ringback, Reminder Call and Three Way Calling (to make 3 calls at a time Wink). Usual price for this feature is £4.10/month

5. Free Brand New router as I complained the old one is playing up, which isn't though  Smiley, it's just too old.

6. Unlimited Broadband for £7.75/month.

So I'll be paying effectively £17.25/month (£9.50+£7.75) for all the above services.

Hope it helps someone  Smiley
AQ

I've managed to drop the price even further, but wasn't given Free "Calling Features Boost" (which wasn't needed at all).

Unlike you, I've been offered TalkTalk Essentials instead, but these boosters are included for free:

Unlimited Evening/Weekend Calls to UK Landlines
Unlimited Calls to TalkTalk Customers
Privacy Pack
International Calls Boost
Anytime UK Calls Boost (also 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers)

Broadband with Unlimited Downloads for £6-50 /paid monthly

New router on top of that.

I also paid £114 in advance for 12 months, plus monthly payment of £6-50.

So I'll be paying effectively £16/month for all the above services.

Not bad I suppose.

The conversation took only 5 minutes. The CS agent was very lenient. I've not heard a single "NO" from a very polite lady. Wink You will not get anything if you don't ask for it Grin. I finished the conversation quickly, because I was too scared to think where it would take me if I had kept asking for more Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

dlR
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:52:48 PM by delaro » Logged

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »

Great deal delaro. I know someone who got the same deal as mine for £5 instead of £7.75 for the broadband. The rest of the boosters are same as mine. As they say, if you don't ask for it, you don't get it. Something like that anyway ;-)
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »

Speed will always depend on many local factors. Sometimes it will not improve at all if you switch providers.

It's a 12 month contract without any rollover (AFAIK BT does rollover contracts).

TalkTalk have improved their customer services lately.

Customer service – TalkTalk’s Achilles’ heel
Customer service has always been TalkTalk’s Achilles’ heel, and in June 2012 they topped a table for receiving the most customer complaints for their broadband service, generating 0.56 complaints per 1,000 customers during the first three-month period of 2012.

However, that’s significantly better than in previous years, when TalkTalk’s reputation was shredded by record levels of complaints, reports of poor customer service, a hefty fine and a rather embarrassing telling off from Ofcom in 2011, after the company billed over 60,000 customers incorrectly.

TalkTalk is getting better, but there’s still a way to go. We also think that the hold music they play while you’re waiting for a customer service operator is rather annoying, too!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: