Fone Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:39:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 launch new cheap payg game changing tariff  (Read 7795 times)
BJ

« on: July 02, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »

Simple rates and clear value of 3p a minute, 2p a text and 1p a MB.
Flexibility that lets you pay only for what you use without the need to convert your credit.Full story here:

http://www.threemediacentre.co.uk/Press-Releases/793/THREE-GOES-BACK-TO-BASICS-ON-PAY-AS-YOU-GO-LAUNCHES-GAME-CHANGING-OFFER
pharmaa

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »

A very clear pricing structure there.

Someone at 3 has been watching too much of 3-2-1.

mobileman

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »

I have to agree that the pricing structure looks simple, but one should be aware that it is a 'sprat to catch a mackerel'.   Shocked

It's perfectly fine is you want to make just a few calls or texts, or even to use a little data, but if your requirements grow bigger than that, beware!    Roll Eyes

For instance, you will only get 500 MB of data for a £5 Add On using this tariff, whereas you get 2 GB for £5 if you have an earlier tariff like 3Pay.   Huh

(2 GB for £5 also used to be available on the Flat 12 tariff, but seems to have disappeared now.)    Cry

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:40:47 AM by mobileman » Logged
seanjoe

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »

This is a really great tariff for a user like me. I have been on giffgaff for a while and the only reason i'm staying is because i was there from the very start with them, so good "status".
But this tariff is really brialliant - furthermore, there is no expiry for your credit, once you top up, you can go away for a year and come back, and your credit will still be there for use.

I'm starting to think whether to jump ship...giffgaff has just been too slow to adapt; they were good when they started, but now, as time goes on, the other networks are upping the ante.
BJ

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:56:05 AM »

I notice that http://text2topup.com/uk/call_throughs_three/ offer a short code for 3 users which means you can get UK Landline Calls down to 2p a minute.
shaggy_x

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »

This is a really great tariff for a user like me. I have been on giffgaff for a while and the only reason i'm staying is because i was there from the very start with them, so good "status".
But this tariff is really brialliant - furthermore, there is no expiry for your credit, once you top up, you can go away for a year and come back, and your credit will still be there for use.

I'm starting to think whether to jump ship...giffgaff has just been too slow to adapt; they were good when they started, but now, as time goes on, the other networks are upping the ante.

Giffgaff is good for a certain user profile, but they have too many problems and thats why I stopped using them after 18 months with them earlier this year.

Plus theyre slow to adapt. Theres plenty of other better networks/tarriffs out there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: