Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voicebridge - conference calling service.  (Read 7652 times)
Graham

« on: July 30, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »

Some members of this forum may find the following service quite useful:

www.voicebridge.eu

Voicebridge offers an interesting conference calling service which, unlike others I have come across, works using standard geographic numbers only, rather than revenue share or premium rate numbers. Furthermore, no registration is required. Voicebridge offers conference calling in approximately 60 international destinations, including the UK, although it currently does not offer popular destinations such as India or Pakistan. However, anyone is free to send in a personal request which they will try to accommodate, according to the website.

The service offers some interesting possibilities, eg. an unlimited number of callers to join a particular conference room, and would seem to be particularly useful for business purposes or for large or scattered families. It is obviously excellent value if you and any other participant (if located in one of the given destinations) have means of accessing cheap or free / unlimited landline minutes, whether on a landline or a mobile.

The UK access number is: 0161 818 3253.

A very useful feature of the service is that you are given 5 invitation calls per day to enable you to request a caller to join you in conference. The system then calls the number you have entered and gives the person you want to join your conference full instructions.

Moreover, it is possible to store the access number and a particular conference number on your phone should you wish to make regular conference calls, thereby saving you the trouble of inputting conference numbers each time.

I have already tried out this service with another forum member and have been very impressed so far. Calls do not seem to be disconnected after a certain period (have had two conference calls lasting for more than 2 and a half hours) and the call quality has been excellent each time so far. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:59:57 PM by Graham » Logged
pharmaa

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »

Looks like the German guy has been busy with new products.
Graham

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »

Indeed so, Pharmaa. I can't really see how he makes anything out of this particular service. I wonder if it is sustainable?
pharmaa

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:30:58 PM »

There must be something somewhere which makes it worthwhile.  Even a very very small piece of a gigantic cake will fill the stomach.

Sustainability - I can't see it being a fly-by-night service.  Only time will tell.  Let's review the service after a year.
Graham

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

I, for one, certainly hope it succeeds.  Smiley
shaggy_x

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »

Sounds like a great service. I shall ask what many users of this forum will be wondering: Is there a Pakistan access number for this? Smiley Cant see one on the website!

edit: I have requested a Pakistan access number Smiley I wont hold my breath though Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:32:00 PM by shaggy_x » Logged
cbi-udj51
Learner

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:08 AM »

I, for one, certainly hope it succeeds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: