Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:06:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding how the system works  (Read 6222 times)
Angel

« on: November 14, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »

Hi All,

I have a quick question hope any guru can answer. I am asking this just to understand how things works.

Some website/people gives you an option to register on their website and provide your UK mobile number and the number you want to call and they provide you UK mobile number which forward your calls to desired destination.

lets say you have a O2 PAY Monthly number and you want to call Denmark land-line number, you register on their website and they provide you a UK mobile number which you call and your call gets routed to Denmark land-line number.

I think it is all about call termination charges but how can they offer 1 to 1 call forwarding and still make any money? I know Denmark is a cheap destination to call but how can they support more expensive destinations?

Is call termination charges good enough to provide this kind of service and make some profit or is there anything else involved in this?

Thanks
yoursinlove

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »

To make things easier for you to understand, take an example of CCB.

And in place of reimbursing the amount to the user as Cash back the same amount can be used to pay the diverted calls to international destinations, depending on the revenue generation, calls to the destinations are allowed, that's why you won't find much expensive destinations to call very often.

Hope that it makes some sense to you  Wink

KHAN
Angel

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

To make things easier for you to understand, take an example of CCB.

And in place of reimbursing the amount to the user as Cash back the same amount can be used to pay the diverted calls to international destinations, depending on the revenue generation, calls to the destinations are allowed, that's why you won't find much expensive destinations to call very often.

Hope that it makes some sense to you  Wink

Thanks.

so it is all about call termination charges? but how can then (as an example) davegr provide a number inclusive on most networks you can use to make international calls including expensive destinations. surely someone has to pay for that call? 
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »

Thanks.

so it is all about call termination charges? but how can then (as an example) davegr provide a number inclusive on most networks you can use to make international calls including expensive destinations. surely someone has to pay for that call? 

Yes it's all about the MTR (mobile termination rate). If for example a number range has a termination rate of 3p per minute, then you could offer calls to any destination with a wholesale cost of up to 3p without losing any money and calls made to cheaper destinations would make you a profit.

As for how I am able to provide such a service on a number that is inclusive from all networks - that's something to be explained another day, in a more suitable sub-forum, maybe....
Angel

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »

Yes it's all about the MTR (mobile termination rate). If for example a number range has a termination rate of 3p per minute, then you could offer calls to any destination with a wholesale cost of up to 3p without losing any money and calls made to cheaper destinations would make you a profit.

As for how I am able to provide such a service on a number that is inclusive from all networks - that's something to be explained another day, in a more suitable sub-forum, maybe....

Thanks for the info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: