Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4G is better up north?  (Read 4168 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:33 PM »

Hi all,

I've been doing some research lately and have found something interesting regarding EE's 4G Mobile Broadband offers. I will focus on PAYG.

On standard PAYG Mobile Broadband EE offers the following "Add-On's"

Price    Allowance    Valid for
 £3    500MB    1 Day
 £10    1GB    30 Days
 £15    2GB    30 Days
 £20    4GB    30 Days
 £30    10GB    30 Days

As you can see, the most economical add-on is the £30 one, which works out at £3 per GB.

However, EE also offers a tariff called "Home 4GEE Pay As You Go" which has a much better offering as follows (figures taken from the PDF available at http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&USERTYPE=1&ARTICLE_ID=3364340)

Price Allowance Valid for
£10 4GB
£15 10GB 30 Days
£25 20GB

As you can see the best add-on offer is significantly cheaper at £1.25 per GB. In fact, it's only barely more expensive than their current best Pay Monthly offer which is £50 for 50GB (or £1 per GB).

What's the catch? The "Home 4GEE" offer is currently only available to Newcastle, Manchester, Hull and Cumbria, judging by the above mentioned PDF.

This raises some questions for me:

Is it legal to restrict a tariff offering to certain parts of the country?

Are they trying to keep this offering on the "down-low" to stop the rest of the country taking advantage? (It appears to have been available since 6th December - so almost 3 months and none of the usual fan-fare we have come to expect from EE)

What if one was to buy the PAYG connection package and try to use it elsewhere?

And finally and most importantly, does any member live in one of the mentioned areas who would be willing to purchase the Home 4GEE PAYG package and send it to me? (All costs will be reimbursed of course!).

Dave
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:37:35 PM by davegr » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: