Fone Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:03:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 08xx & international addon EE/Orange  (Read 77650 times)
Dan

« on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:03 AM »

This is going to course a right storm... down to someone, looks like it's me! so here goes...
I tested fully over last few weeks, apart from a couple of in depth tests (most people wouldn't use) been billed etc, along with hard proof.

They now do an unlimited 08 add-on for single figure sum, it includes all of them! plus it's seems shortly they are to release unlimited international bundles to "certain" counties & text, plus an EU combo of the lot by the looks of it. Sorry I have no prices on those as yet, I can confirm one includes; Bangladesh, Pakistan & India.

Just to add Orange still do older 08xx bundles; £4 - for 50mins / £5 - 100mins / £10 - 500mins or (maybe up to 200mins on EE side) with Freefone numbers not taken from free minutes at all on Orange, just free of charge I think If I remember rightly.

Please do not ask for new international bundles, as I don't believe they are even on their system yet & most CS will know nothing.

That's all for today  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:50:41 AM by Dan » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »

I noticed a few months back that there were mentions of 08 bundles and international bundles in the terms and conditions on the EE web site, so I guessed they were coming at some point.

Could you clarify though, are they only available on Orange or also T-Mobile & EE? If they are also available on EE, is the 08 bundle supposed to be available right now? I have multiple accounts with EE and don't see them, though that could be because they don't like me Tongue

I guess now that EE AIT almost all traffic (or so it seems) they can get away with offering unlimited 08 numbers Wink
Dan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:43:48 AM »

Hi Dave (no.2!)
From my understanding thus far, not on T-mobile, officially 4GEE plans and/or maybe only part of upgrade, Orange it's possible, esp. older ones Lips sealed
Yes unlimited available, that is if you can get someone at CS to find it! Also they just bar numbers as well.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »

Hi Dan (no.1?)

Are you saying that it's only possible to add via CS? Do you know the costs?
Dan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:02:39 AM »

Grin

Mainly CS, your unlikely to have option online just now, upgrades should if you mention, costs £5/month (12 months minimum for this one).
Costs & terms do go lower, that's more than enough clap trap for today!  Shocked
amjadkhan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »

Hi everyone and dave i bought  virgin  new sim monthly contract  but  automatic text going  on this series numbers  what  is  this  service and  how to use  and  what access  for  this thanks and
amjadkhan

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:01 PM »

Mean this series numbers 077814
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »

First of all, you should choose an appropriate thread to post this question, or start a new one in the correct sub-forum.

The particular number range you mention has been used for various services, one of my own included (which is no longer functional). However, the SIM is not what is sending the automatic text messages, it is your PHONE. If you want to stop it you'll have to look around on your phone or do a factory reset to remove the app/configuration that is sending these text messages.

On the other hand if you want to know where these text messages have been going then you should send a PM (do NOT post on a public thread) to the operators of the various services on this forum and you might find who these numbers belong to and how you can use any credits that *may* have been gained from the messages sent. There is no guarantee as it may not be a service operated by a forum member here.
amjadkhan

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:06:48 AM »

Thanks a lot dave and sorry for that which I post unrelated topic post andduplicate
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »

I managed to get EE to add unlimited 08 calls for £3 per month! At least that's what the CS person said. It has apparently been added to my account, according to the verbal confirmation from the CS agent and also a text message which arrived an hour or so later. I can't really verify it at this point as it doesn't show up in My EE (neither does the EU Talk & Text add-on which I also added). Actually, even worse, none of my recent activity shows up on My EE. Not really sure what's going on but EE's billing obviously needs some attention. Hopefully when my bill is issued in a few days it will all make sense.

I have noticed that quite a few numbers/ranges are barred. About half of the call-through services I tried failed to connect. Some do though, so it doesn't appear they are just blanket barring all such services, maybe just the more heavily used ones.

I also asked the CS agent about their add-ons for unlimited EU/international calls and texts from the UK but got told that not all contracts offer all add-ons. If I was to increase the cost of my contract by £5 per month I could then add the international calls & texts add-ons at an additional cost on top, making the whole thing quite expensive but possibly useful for some people.
Dan

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 11:53:36 PM »

Well done Dave, need I say more Wink
Out of interest is this an 4GEE direct tariff (not Orange/T-Mobile) you added to these too?
I've only found the odd number barred not many; have you noticed full ranges then apart from ex Pre-Dial ones? I agree with the "heavily used" remark as this ties with my own findings. How on earth they can offer this mind boggles; have my theories but won't go into now, then again we have the way Non-Geo is charged changing in the near future, with service/access charges, whether they would continue to cover the full cost I'm not sure, maybe just access charge or will honour for exiting users.

What sort of price point/plan was they wanting you to move to, until they offer the other international add-on?
Also what prices were you given for the other bundles out of interest?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:45:07 AM by Dan » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »

What sort of price point/plan was they wanting you to move to, until they offer the other international add-on?
Also what prices were you given for the other bundles out of interest?

They didn't give me prices and wanted me to be spending at least £24.99 before it would be available.
Moon

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 03:43:11 AM »

EE are just at it...
I called them at different times and spoke to different EE advisors regarding 0845 pack and realised finally that it depends who u actually get
First one said £5 unlimited Cal's to 0845
Second said £3 but Only 100 mins to 0845
Third place cal on hold and back advised after speaking to manager Will do it for £3
So m glad finally sorted
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »

I managed to get EE to add unlimited 08 calls for £3 per month! At least that's what the CS person said. It has apparently been added to my account, according to the verbal confirmation from the CS agent and also a text message which arrived an hour or so later. I can't really verify it at this point as it doesn't show up in My EE (neither does the EU Talk & Text add-on which I also added). Actually, even worse, none of my recent activity shows up on My EE. Not really sure what's going on but EE's billing obviously needs some attention. Hopefully when my bill is issued in a few days it will all make sense.

I have noticed that quite a few numbers/ranges are barred. About half of the call-through services I tried failed to connect. Some do though, so it doesn't appear they are just blanket barring all such services, maybe just the more heavily used ones.

I also asked the CS agent about their add-ons for unlimited EU/international calls and texts from the UK but got told that not all contracts offer all add-ons. If I was to increase the cost of my contract by £5 per month I could then add the international calls & texts add-ons at an additional cost on top, making the whole thing quite expensive but possibly useful for some people.

Hi Davegr,

You said you got verbal confirmation from the advisor about adding unlimited calls to 08 numbers on your account. So did you manage to get it in real?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »

Hi AQ,

Here is the 'Plan Summary' from my latest bill:

EE SIM ONLY £19.99
£16.66
CALLING ABROAD ADD-ON
FREE
CLONE PHONE LITE
FREE
UNLTD 08 CALLS - 3M £3