Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:05:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Mobile by Lycamobile ( unlimited calls, texts and data 4G 5GB then it's 3G )  (Read 30108 times)
hussain1988

« on: November 07, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

The best deal so far I found for unlimited calls, text and data (4G) 5GB then it goes to 3G

£15 bundle only until end of December then it may stay at £15 or go back to £20.

This beats all networks.

Let me know guys if you find a better deal
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:36:24 PM by hussain1988 » Logged
hussain1988

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »

The best
mobileman

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »

I am somewhat intrigued by GT mobile.   Shocked

You appear to be right that it is offered by Lycamobile, both of which run on O2.  Wink
But strangely the number given for your voicemail when abroad is +447973101121, which appears to be an Orange / EE number!   Shocked
I am wondering if both MVNO's were once on Orange, then later jumped ship to O2?   Undecided

I presume you use the service yourself hussain1988 ?   Undecided
If so, 2 questions for you.

Firstly, can you topup using a Lycamobile voucher?

Secondly, how can you best use the unlimited calling facility?
Can you store units in Mikael's 03 topup service, and if so, do the original 0370 and 0371 topup numbers still work, or do you have to use 0870Buster numbers instead?   Undecided

Further information would be appreciated.  Wink

Thanks.

hussain1988

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »

I am somewhat intrigued by GT mobile.   Shocked

You appear to be right that it is offered by Lycamobile, both of which run on O2.  Wink
But strangely the number given for your voicemail when abroad is +447973101121, which appears to be an Orange / EE number!   Shocked
I am wondering if both MVNO's were once on Orange, then later jumped ship to O2?   Undecided

I presume you use the service yourself hussain1988 ?   Undecided
If so, 2 questions for you.

Firstly, can you topup using a Lycamobile voucher?

Secondly, how can you best use the unlimited calling facility?
Can you store units in Mikael's 03 topup service, and if so, do the original 0370 and 0371 topup numbers still work, or do you have to use 0870Buster numbers instead?   Undecided

Further information would be appreciated.  Wink

Thanks.

Hi mobileman
I did some research after my wife asked me she wanted everything unlimited calls, texts and data she is on three network we are in the process of porting her number from three to GT mobile.

Three everything unlimited including 4G is £25 12 months contract

Virgin mobile everything unlimited not 4G only 3G £18 only to existing Virgin media customers only

T Mobile removed full monty now they do 2000 min unlimited texts and calls £22 per month 12 months contract I think its something like that.

02 unlimited calls and texts 1GB £19 12 months

Vectone unlimited not 4G only 3G £15 rolling contract

Don't know about Orange and EE but they don't do everything unlimited

GT mobile the best deal £15 no contract or rolling contract you just top up and buy the bundle it lasts for 30 days after you brought the bundle say you have topped up again same month it will automatically add the bundle for the following month after it expires.

Regarding from what I read on there website it says you can use the unlimited calls for 01, 02 and 03 and any uk mobile network that mean you can call the 0371 numbers and any top up service to make units.

GT mobile use 02 network they use to use EE and orange before it became EE
Lycamobile and GT Mobile use to be on Orange then it became EE Using both network signals of Orange and T-Mobile.

You can't top up using a Lycamobile voucher as I asked them on the phone if I can they told me GT mobile is different.

GT Mobile is more focused on national calls, texts and data.

Like other mainstream networks Three, Virgin Mobile etc...who Advertise and promote there unlimited so much unlike GT Mobile.

That means all mainstream provides are ripping you guys off.

GT mobile customer service are good.

If anyone asks if I work for Lycamobile or GT Mobile well I dont.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:37:17 PM by hussain1988 » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »

GT mobile use EE network for calls and 02 network for data.

I doubt it, I don't think it's possible for a phone to attach to two different networks like that. Even if it was the case, it would be much better the other way around!
hussain1988

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »

I doubt it, I don't think it's possible for a phone to attach to two different networks like that. Even if it was the case, it would be much better the other way around!

They use to use EE and Orange before it became EE now they use 02
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:39:50 PM by hussain1988 » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »

They use to use EE and Orange before it became EE now they use 02

Thanks for the information about other unlimited calling deals hussain1988.  Smiley

It was mainly the network used that interested me, and is crucial for considering taking them.  Wink

If your earlier posts (now amended?) had been right about them using EE for calls, that would rule them out for the 03 topup service, as all calls from EE are now blocked.   Roll Eyes

But I suspect that davegr is right in believing a MVNO can't use 2 different networks.
Moreover according to Wikipedia both Lycamobile itself and GT Mobile run on O2.  Wink

There are some interesting cautions about GT Mobile on Wikipedia, for example that calls to both Lycamobile and GT Mobile numbers are charged for by some networks (e.g. T-Mobile) and are NOT deemed as inclusive.  This may not matter to those ONLY interested in calling themselves, but may deter those who would be put off by their family and friends not being able to call them economically.  Wink

T-Mobile billing
T-Mobile in the United Kingdom charges its customers exclusive of their minutes allowance for calls to United Kingdom Lycamobile/GT Mobile numbers, despite Lycamobile UK being headquartered in London, and using United Kingdom "07"-prefixed numbers issued by Ofcom, in the UK.   Huh

By contrast, Lycamobile UK does not treat calls to UK T-Mobile customers any differently and calls are charged just as any "07" UK mobile telephone numbers.

hussain1988

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 04:20:43 PM »

Tell friends and family about it
hussain1988

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »

Well get a sim card from other provider or your current provider then port you number to GT mpbile then bingo they will not get charged for sure
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »

You are mistaken hussain1988. The networks will do a real-time HLR lookup and charge as necessary.
hussain1988

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

Well once i seen EE avertised that call to lycamobile are not charged
hussain1988

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 05:16:59 PM »

Well I read some forums that and one employee who use to work for EE
are saying current pay monthly plans ans some old ones not charge calls to Lycamobile and Lebera

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957948
BJ

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »

Their was talk of the Brand being closed down a while ago, and incorporated into Lycamobile.

See: http://www.mvnodynamics.com/2014/01/22/lycamobile-withdraws-gt-mobile-brand/
hussain1988

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:40:23 AM »

Their was talk of the Brand being closed down a while ago, and incorporated into Lycamobile.

See: http://www.mvnodynamics.com/2014/01/22/lycamobile-withdraws-gt-mobile-brand/

It's old news nearly a year old GT mobile still running and taking new customers.

I love there Smart 20 unlimited calls, texts and data 4G (5GB) after its 3G
hussain1988

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »

Dear Zakir,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Further to your email, please be informed that the information about our GT mobile services being shut down is incorrect. You can enjoy the uninterrupted services of GTMobile and the offers that we provide with our SIM.

Thet sent me an email they not incorporating GT mobile to Lycamobile and they are not shutting GT Mobile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: