Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Mobile by Lycamobile ( unlimited calls, texts and data 4G 5GB then it's 3G )  (Read 29930 times)
Angel

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 03:09:48 PM »

Dear Zakir,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Further to your email, please be informed that the information about our GT mobile services being shut down is incorrect. You can enjoy the uninterrupted services of GTMobile and the offers that we provide with our SIM.

Thet sent me an email they not incorporating GT mobile to Lycamobile and they are not shutting GT Mobile

Irrelevant but might be relevant.

Do you really trust corporate sector in unveiling their plans to end users?

One day before Phones4U was going into administration, they were allowing customers to pre-order IPhone 6, which they knew, they won't honor.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:09:13 PM by Angel » Logged
hussain1988

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 04:53:19 PM »

Irrelevant but might be relevant.

Do you really trust corporate sector in unveiling their plans to end users?

One day before Phones4U was going into administration, they were allowing customers to pre-order IPhone 6, which they knew, they won't honor.

Anyways lycamobile is one of the biggest network worlds second mvno.
Much bigger then phones 4u was.

Phones 4u lied to there customers.
Graham

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »

I'm afraid the deal on the unlimited data is not quite so good as you have stated in your op, husain1988.

In the terms and conditions, it clearly states that..."unlimited usage is subject to a variation of speed from 4G/3G to 2G for usage beyond 5G per month per sim."

hussain1988

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 09:26:56 AM »

In the terms and conditions, it clearly states that..."unlimited usage is subject to a variation of speed from 4G/3G for usage beyond 5G per month per sim."

I forgot to state that but there 4G comes as standard unlike other networks within the price range
Graham

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »

* Unlimited usage is subject to a variation of speed from 4G/3G to 2G for usage beyond 5GB per month per SIM 

Copied and pasted directly from the website.
hussain1988

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

Still the best offer out there
Graham

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »

It depends on what one's personal requirements are, hussain1988. For some on this site, it may be the case that Vectone's £15 UK and Europe Popular tariff may represent better value as it includes "unlimited" calls to landlines in Europe and the US and Canada:

http://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/paymonthly/Pay_monthly.aspx

As with GT Mobile's data, anything over 5GB gets reduced from 3G to 2G.

However, I should stress that this plan does not seem to offer the benefit of 4G data.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:02:23 PM by Graham » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »

It depends on what one's personal requirements are, hussain1988. For some on this site, it may be the case that Vectone's £15 UK and Europe Popular tariff may represent better value as it includes "unlimited" calls to landlines in Europe and the US and Canada:

http://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/paymonthly/Pay_monthly.aspx

As with GT Mobile's data, anything over 5GB gets reduced from 3G to 2G.

However, I should stress that this plan does not seem to offer the benefit of 4G data.

I think that you are quite right to draw attention to Vectonemobile's alternative Graham.  Smiley

But of course there may be problems with it, due to it's running on the EE network.   Cry

But I am unsure whether you are right or not in your last sentence.   Shocked

When I go to this page I see clearly the following statement:-

The UK's NEW mobile service offering unbeatable value bundles & 4G data, all on a high quality network

Further down it says:-

4G included at no extra cost

So here is appears that the data IS 4G - up to 5GB as you say - but gets reduced once that figure is exceeded.  Wink

However the website is both confusing, and contradictory, because in the Terms and Conditions section is says:

Unlimited data usage is subject only to a variation of speed from 3G to 2G for usage beyond 5GB per month per SIM.

It may be this worrying confusion that lies behind your assertion that the data is 3G only, dropping to 2G once 5GB is reached?   Undecided

If GT mobile can't be bothered to check their wording, and to present consistent information, perhaps that alone is sufficient to be wary of them.  Wink
It certainly makes hussain1988's championing of a service he hasn't yet tried look faintly ridiculous.

Graham

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »

Thank you for your helpful post, Mobileman.

I did indeed see what I stated in my previous post in Vectone's Terms and Conditions section, and did not see the other parts that you have quoted.

I would imagine that this is more likely to be a case of the Terms and Conditions not having been updated given that other parts of their website are claiming that 4G data is included at no extra cost.
mobileman

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

I did indeed see what I stated in my previous post in Vectone's Terms and Conditions section, and did not see the other parts that you have quoted.

I would imagine that this is more likely to be a case of the Terms and Conditions not having been updated given that other parts of their website are claiming that 4G data is included at no extra cost.

I respectfully suggest that you made a typo Graham.
Did you not mean to refer to GT Mobile rather than Vectonemobile here?   Undecided

I agree with your guess that they have failed to update their T&Cs. but my point was that such slack attention to details makes their whole proposition suspect, and that it would be wise to steer well clear of them, until they sharpen up their act considerably.  Wink

hussain1988

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »

My wife is using GT Mobile smart 20 bundle as of today as we was waiting for the numbet to transfer rom Three to GT Mobile

I must say 4G is very fast no problems at all we don't mind it dropping to variation of 3G/2G as long we have unlimited data as Vectone one is only 3G data but you get European calls included for some Vectone £15 might be better but for us its GT mobile.
Graham

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 09:42:18 PM »

I did indeed mean GT Mobile in my last post, Mobileman...sorry for any confusion caused. Embarrassed
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: