Fone Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Telecoms Round-up  (Read 10493 times)
Dan

« on: June 11, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »

I've not had the chance to do some postings/thread updates, busy enough keeping up with developments esp. as July 1st approaches, so here goes...

- Three seem to be getting less competitive by the month and with current deals, they are slowly but surely removing further legacy plans, not just the One Plan, limited retention deals/offers, backtracks on fixed price promise for new contracts; now with RPI increases for deals after May 29th.
They have removed some, particularly newer unlimited calls or data (long term) add-ons, according to pricing docs for new subscriptions.
I guess someone has to pay for the cost of buying out o2 & puppet adds, also them not wanting to be seen as the cheap network any-more. 

- EE unlimited 08 bundle is no longer available for new subscriptions according to pricing docs, it has been replaced with either 1000mins for £5 or 300mins for £3, the larger bundle/new add-on having more restrictions, e.g. no 0871/2/3, strict terms of use etc. What one is available to you, is depending on your tariff/network, how you apply or are offered it, if at all.

- T-Mobile/Orange pay monthly tariffs are no longer available for new connections, this happened a few months back (end of an era) only thing left are old Pay&Go SIM stock now, even those will be deactivated permanently if unsold after a year. There was much news on phasing out the names, though not much coverage on the last contract connection dates, last being through indirect sales Pre March 2nd. It is also no longer possible to upgrade and stay on the same tariff, in order to upgrade you'll need to move to EE (at least direct sales anyway) indirect likely to have little or no option. http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2015/02/02/orange-and-t-mobile-connections-to-be-scrapped/

- 0870 working call-through in 2014 I posted here dies in Mid April as reported elsewhere, though with upcoming 08 changes it won't be much concern.

- IoM landlines on Orange, I had read elsewhere these where inclusive! ; I tested this and confirm they are indeed inclusive on a old plan(s) at least, make a short call to check if your plan covers them beforehand.

That's all for now..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:37:57 AM by Dan » Logged
korny88

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 08:47:19 PM »

Neat reporting there.

So, does that mean a contract on Orange with the unlimited 08 bundle will not be renewed? Have been inundated with calls to upgrade the contract but have so far held off.

Get a UK 0870 number forwarded to a number in Pakistan or India or other countries.
Dan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »

Hi korny88,

Pretty much yes. You can stay as you are without upgrading, plus that bundle is no longer available.
Upgrade and it will be a choice of current EE plans with revised bundles as mentioned or more costly older bundles.
You could try independent store to see what options they have if any, though I would be cautious of them upgrading you with a new plan/phone.
I've added to the OP Three section since  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:43:57 AM by Dan » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »

- EE unlimited 08 bundle is no longer available for new subscriptions according to pricing docs, it has been replaced with either 1000mins for £5 or 300mins for £3, the larger bundle/new add-on having more restrictions, e.g. no 0871/2/3, strict terms of use etc. What one is available to you, is depending on your tariff/network, how you apply or are offered it, if at all.

How does one get the 1000 minute bundle? Do you have to go through CS or can you request it via text as you can with the 300 minute bundle? Does it support 0870? Where can we read about the restrictions?

Sorry for all the questions. Cheesy
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:21 AM »

Some answers are here: http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/TandCs_EE_PAYMAddServ091214.pdf.

It appears that 0870 would be included. There are restrictions of revenue share and services with "benefit in kind". I'm not sure exactly how that would be defined though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: