Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:55:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Service to call from India to UK  (Read 10518 times)
kck9

« on: December 29, 2015, 12:10:37 AM »

I am looking for some cheaper options to make calls from India to UK. I will be using that very rarely, but I would like to know if there are any cheaper options
getcopy

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »

Some landline providers like TalkTalk, Virgin have mobile apps that allow you to make calls via the internet. If you are with such providers then you can make calls from India using internet there and this is one possible cheap option.
Angel

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »

Also, O2 app might also be useful
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
L2M

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »

To allude to Getcopy's suggestions, some mobile providers also run app services that let you call the UK for free from abroad, if you have Internet connectivity.  O2 does TuGo, BT does BT SmartTalk. All these suggestions are in addition to "a million & one" VoiP services like Whatshap, Viber, Skype, Tango e.t.c. As long as you can access the Internet abroad,  calling the UK is not much of an issue these days!

kck9

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »

Great!!! Thank you guys. I agree that apps like whatsapp, viber etc enable to make calls. But I really want to call landlines and mobiles in UK. So if the landline contract in UK from Virgin or Talk Talk allows us to make calls to landlines or mobiles (as inclusive minutes), I can use their app. Is that right?
L2M

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 07:45:37 PM »

It'sabsolutely right KCK9. The landlines like BT, talk talk, virgin all have apps that works online to deliver your inclusive allowances.  If you also have O2, your inclusive minutes will work on 'Tu go' just as well online!  Hope you enjoy your stay in India.
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »

Great!!! Thank you guys. I agree that apps like whatsapp, viber etc enable to make calls. But I really want to call landlines and mobiles in UK. So if the landline contract in UK from Virgin or Talk Talk allows us to make calls to landlines or mobiles (as inclusive minutes), I can use their app. Is that right?

Whats virgin app called please? Which help to call back Uk to use inclusive minutes
jagga303

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »

Whats virgin app called please? Which help to call back Uk to use inclusive minutes
It's called Smartcall. You can include your inclusive landline package only, not your mobile package.
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

It's called Smartcall. You can include your inclusive landline package only, not your mobile package.

Thanks jagga303
amjadkhan

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: