Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum features post software upgrade  (Read 9860 times)
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« on: February 26, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »

I have noticed that a number of features which we are used to seeing on this forum are no longer in operation.

Having looked in to it this morning, I can see that the missing features were provided by SMF 'Mods' (software tweaks) which worked on SMF 1.1.11, but need rewriting to work on our current software, which is SMF 1.1.21.

I can see that this is the position with no less than 15 previously used Mods.

When I try to reinstall these Mods, I see the following message:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

As no admin here (including Mikael) has the access to login as described, this is not something which we can do.

My reason for posting this is simply to prevent a flurry of posts and / or PM reporting this fact, which I have noticed, and now explained.

HTH.

Admin.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:42:42 AM by TheAdminTeam » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »

As an additional observation, 4 sets of avatars, which were in use previously, have similarly not been upgradeable.

Surprisingly, those who already are using one of the old ones seem unaffected.
However, I suspect that in future new members may not be able to add one of these to their forum profile.

This is for the same reason that I have posted in the OP above.

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: