Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:44:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vodafone incorrect billing for 08 numbers when bundle active  (Read 12768 times)
davegr
Administrator

« on: May 31, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »

Hi all,

I have an issue with Vodafone regarding billing for 08 numbers when a 300 minute to 08 bundle is active and I'm wondering whether anybody else has experienced the same or similar issues.

I've had a Vodafone account active since February, at which point I also added a bundle for 300 minutes to 08 numbers. On my recent bill, I have been charged over £30 for calls to an 0870 number, even though the summary clearly shows that I have only used 205 out of the 300 minutes. In all, I was billed for 66 minutes of "out of bundle" usage for such calls.

When I first approached Vodafone about the problem, they said they would contact their "leakage" team to get them to refund. What I didn't expect was for the "leakage" team to refuse to refund the charges, as the 0870 number in question is a call-through number. They are now claiming that the charge levied for the call to the 0870 number is in fact a charge for the onward call to the final destination.

I have filed a complain with them, asking them to point me to the T&C's which disallow the use of such numbers in the bundle and/or where the customer agrees to allow Vodafone to charge them for the onward leg of a call-through service (clearly, no such things exist) and have also made it clear to them that if the complaint is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will take it to the Ombudsman service.

In the meantime, I'm curious if anybody else has had experience with a similar problem from Vodafone?

Cheers
Dave
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:55:39 PM by davegr » Logged
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »

I thought it was only me  Smiley

I also have this 300 minutes of 08 calls "add on"  and I've been using it for well over a year. I have also been charged (0.75p though) for calling such numbers when I have only used just over a hundred minutes of my allowance. I haven't yet spoken to them as I haven't got around to it yet. I will get in touch with them tomorrow, hopefully, and report back.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:52:10 PM »

I believe Vodafone has recently migrated Pay Monthly customers over to a new billing platform and it's causing some problems. I will post an update here when I receive a response to my complaint. I'm guessing you'll have better luck getting a refund of 75p (is it even worth your time?)!
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »

I believe Vodafone has recently migrated Pay Monthly customers over to a new billing platform and it's causing some problems. I will post an update here when I receive a response to my complaint. I'm guessing you'll have better luck getting a refund of 75p (is it even worth your time?)!

Not really worth it for 75p but I want to use my 300 minutes add on without being charged for in the future.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:57:01 PM »

Not really worth it for 75p but I want to use my 300 minutes add on without being charged for in the future.

I don't think there is any guarantee of that, even if you get them to intervene now. Their billing system is screwed for now.

They also have the cheek to charge me £6.50 for 0.011MB of data.
androidfan

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:58 PM »

Dave

This should make interesting reading for you....

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2016/06/09/vodafone-customers-urged-to-check-their-bills-for-errors/
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »

I had an online chat with them on Tuesday regarding my charges and was given a refund of £2 (charges were 75p) and I was promised that I won't be charged again.

Got charged again for calling an 08 number on Wednesday so had a chat again on the same day, was given a refund of £3 (charges were 60p I think). I was promised again that this won't happen. How wrong was I?

So I made another test call yesterday and got charged again for calling an 08 number. By that time I had lost my patience so instead of a chat I phoned them up and gave them an earful. I then got another refund of £15 (charges were £1 something) and another £20 bill credit to cover my next month's line rental and I can have one extra 300 minutes 08 calls add-on when I run out of current 300 minutes allowance.

I made another call last night to an 08 number and it seems like the issue has been fixed this time as I wasn't charged. I hope it wasn't just a one off :-)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »

Thanks androidfan, yes it was of interest. I hadn't realised that billing issues were such a massive issue with Vodafone. That said, I don't mind so much that they have billing issues but making excuses to avoid giving me a refund is something else.

I have now sent them a written complaint via special delivery, as they of course did not respond to my complaint within 48 hours like they promised. I guess they are too busy for that!
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »

I had an online chat with them on Tuesday regarding my charges and was given a refund of £2 (charges were 75p) and I was promised that I won't be charged again.

Got charged again for calling an 08 number on Wednesday so had a chat again on the same day, was given a refund of £3 (charges were 60p I think). I was promised again that this won't happen. How wrong was I?

So I made another test call yesterday and got charged again for calling an 08 number. By that time I had lost my patience so instead of a chat I phoned them up and gave them an earful. I then got another refund of £15 (charges were £1 something) and another £20 bill credit to cover my next month's line rental and I can have one extra 300 minutes 08 calls add-on when I run out of current 300 minutes allowance.

I made another call last night to an 08 number and it seems like the issue has been fixed this time as I wasn't charged. I hope it wasn't just a one off :-)

Promises from Vodafone mean nothing these days! I wouldn't be surprised to see you post in a few days saying the problem has reoccured Smiley
androidfan

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:20 PM »

I used to sell Vodafone onenet express and it got to stage where the billing recalculations took so much of my time i decided to stop selling Vodafone to my customers.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »

Just in case anybody is interested, I got the charges for 08 calls refunded plus a £20 good will credit. At least Vodafone's customer relations team can see sense, even if their "leakage" team cannot!
androidfan

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 11:34:42 PM »

Just in case anybody is interested, I got the charges for 08 calls refunded plus a £20 good will credit. At least Vodafone's customer relations team can see sense, even if their "leakage" team cannot!

Great result!

Imagine if that happened every month.....i think your mobile contract would be paid for!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: