Fone Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:07:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The viewpoint of a competitor.  (Read 4786 times)
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« on: June 06, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »

admin on telecomforum.co.uk posted the following comments there last evening.

Re: foneforum.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:15:03 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are just starting, but the challenge for him / them is going to be how to keep the discussion open about other options when this domain and forum is sponsored by an entity who has a conflict of interest.

Judging by the content it should be called the pre-dial forum. I wonder why that's not the case.

I have not consulted Mikael about this reply, but my personal one would be to say that it is not pre-dial forum for the simple reason that we intend discussion to be far more widely based.

This forum will have pre-dial at its heart, and will be THE place to come for announcements of new services, and updates on existing ones; but it knows full well that it has to be useful to a much wider cross section of its valued members and guests.
This is already made clear in my introduction, a board above this one.

It is my job to ensure that the openness to discussion of all telephone services, which Mikael first made, will be honoured in practice as well as in theory.

pre-dial has unlimited space to publicise its services here, which both Mikael and I will do as frequently as is needed, but it is to the company's considerable credit that Mikael has allowed us the freedoms, both to compare his products with those of others, and to discuss anything at all about telephone services.

It may well be shown to be the case that discussions will be far less curtailed here than they are on telecomforum, where admin gives great priority to getting company sponsorships, and drastically limits discussions about one company - which he fears may dissuade his sponsorship deals from continuing to cough up their dosh !

I am glad to say that I am free of all such constraints being imposed upon me.

mobaholic.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:56:52 PM by TheAdminTeam » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: