Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum off-line  (Read 17881 times)
delaro
Global Moderator

« on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:55 AM »

Morning,

Re: Forum off-line

Just touching base about the forum.

1. Thanks for bringing our forum back on line
2. Could anyone advise what the issue was please  ?

Regards,
dlR

TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »

Nobody let me know the forum was offline, so I know nothing about it unfortunately.   Cry

I would guess that Mikael alone could tell you what happened.  Sorry.   Wink

There appears to be a problem remaining on it however, as I have got an error report 4 times now, telling me my session had "timed out"
whenever I tried to Preview my message, or post it to the forum.   Huh

Gremlins are at work!   Angry

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:20:28 AM by TheAdminTeam » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »

Morning,

Re: Forum off-line

Just touching base about the forum.

1. Thanks for bringing our forum back on line
2. Could anyone advise what the issue was please  ?

Regards,
dlR

I have found out that nobody knows why the forum was down, but a server reboot at our web hosts seemed to solve the problem.

I can see nothing in any of the forum logs which would indicate any cause of the problem.

I wrote a test post on the Admin board, but encountered no session timeout error reports this time.

Having just Previewed this post, all still appears to be well.

So let's hope it remains that way, but please report any further session timeouts - so that further investigations can take place.

Thanks.

Admin.

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Angel

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »

Just want to confirm report any problems to theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com ? or any other email/way?

Thanks
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »

Just want to confirm report any problems to theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com ? or any other email/way?

Thanks

I check my email at least once a day.  If the forum is online, but has a problem, a PM will do fine.  The email address will be the only way if the forum goes offline of course.  If the problem is one I can solve, I will deal with it.  If not, I will notify both Mikael, and our host website.

Thanks Angel for affording me the opportunity to clarify this.

Admin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: