Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:36:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky AITs  (Read 15879 times)
androidfan

« on: January 24, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »

Anyone else having fun with sky AITs?
androidfan

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:53 PM »

oh i do have one more request for admin on this site. Is it possible to have a private thread for vetted individuals to discuss and exchange notes on AITs?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:55:12 PM »

That has been discussed before and I think the issue is that anybody who is dealing with AIT's successfully (which seem to be very few these days) wants to keep their cards close to their chest.

On the other hand I see possible value in just sharing details of AIT's received to see the direction things are going in.

Also, there is apparently going to be a review of the BT SIA including the AIT process later in the year. AFAIK comments are likely to be accepted from any interested party, so not just network operators but also service providers. That would be something worthy of discussion even if nobody wants to share how they are currently dealing with AIT's.

I wouldn't have any dreams of the AIT process being abolished though. The main aim is to get as many TNO's together as possible to make sure the AIT process at least doesn't get even more balanced in favour of the ONO's and BT. Any improvement on the current situation would be a bonus.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »

May I suggest to take this topic to at least registered users restricted area.

dlR

androidfan

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

That has been discussed before and I think the issue is that anybody who is dealing with AIT's successfully (which seem to be very few these days) wants to keep their cards close to their chest.

On the other hand I see possible value in just sharing details of AIT's received to see the direction things are going in.

Also, there is apparently going to be a review of the BT SIA including the AIT process later in the year. AFAIK comments are likely to be accepted from any interested party, so not just network operators but also service providers. That would be something worthy of discussion even if nobody wants to share how they are currently dealing with AIT's.

I wouldn't have any dreams of the AIT process being abolished though. The main aim is to get as many TNO's together as possible to make sure the AIT process at least doesn't get even more balanced in favour of the ONO's and BT. Any improvement on the current situation would be a bonus.

I completely agree with you. It would be great to have a private platform to discuss what kind of AITs are being issued and the logic behind them. I wouldnt want to share how I responded to the AIT (whether it was successful or not) so i guess if went ahead with this, the admin would have to set some ground rules. We can also use this to discuss the upcoming review that you mentioned.....so lets make this happen!
androidfan

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »

May I suggest to take this topic to at least registered users restricted area.

dlR

Good point! Will you be able to do this?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:31 PM »

Good point! Will you be able to do this?

There doesn't appear to be an appropriate place to move the discussion to. There is a senior members board but Androidfan won't be able to view it as he hasn't made enough posts!

I could create a new sub-forum and an associated user group but I seem to recall there is some kind of issue with the forum software which might make that difficult.

I'll look into it.
androidfan

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »

There doesn't appear to be an appropriate place to move the discussion to. There is a senior members board but Androidfan won't be able to view it as he hasn't made enough posts!

I could create a new sub-forum and an associated user group but I seem to recall there is some kind of issue with the forum software which might make that difficult.

I'll look into it.

Any luck with  this? If it doesnt work, i can create a private forum on another site?
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 10:31:53 PM »

Just my 5 pence worth on this.

I'm not convinced there would be that many users here who'd have much experience with direct AIT proceedings . The obvious member that I can think of is David Knell. Whether he'd be willing to share any of this would be a different matter.

Any detailed conversation on this is not recommended on this topic yet as it's in open to all section.

dlR

androidfan

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

Ok I will create a private site and invite people privately. If you are interested in this, please send me a PM
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 10:24:10 PM »

There is a senior members board but Androidfan won't be able to view it as he hasn't made enough posts!

What's the threshold please?

dlR

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 12:11:36 AM »

What's the threshold please?

dlR

500 posts I think.
androidfan

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »

Dave has there been any further developments on this?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 11:03:16 PM »

Dave has there been any further developments on this?

Not that I know of. I'm keeping an ear out for any news.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: