Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:53:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgin Sim Card Only. 300 x-net minutes.300 Texts. Free Voicemail. £10 a month.  (Read 9925 times)
leighvamessage
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:46:29 AM »

I was talking to Virgin and they told me that even if you were not a Virgin Media Customer,you could still get this £10 a month  deal * if you called them on 0800 183 9146 before 30/9/08

*  http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/virginmobileoffer.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:53:52 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »

Thanks LVM for your interesting post.    Smiley
I understood that this deal was only available to Virgin media customers, and indeed your own hyperlink says so clearly itself:
Check out these outstanding Phone and SIM offers - only for Virgin Media customers.

Let's hope the person with whom you spoke at Virgin does know what he was saying!    Grin

This tariff may be of added interest now, as Orange have dropped their £10 Dolphin and Racoon offers.    Huh
See:-   here.
This is a great pity, as the Dolphin 10 offered unlimited evening and weekend texts, as well as 300 peak time ones and 150 minutes, as mobaholic posted here.    Cry

It's not so easy to find £10 tariffs now.    Shocked

leighvamessage
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »

Thanks LVM for your interesting post.    Smiley
I understood that this deal was only available to Virgin media customers, and indeed your own hyperlink says so clearly itself:

Check out these outstanding Phone and SIM offers - only for Virgin Media customers.

Let's hope the person with whom you spoke at Virgin does know what he was saying!    Grin

I do hope you're not doubting my market intelligence. Smiley

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:25:54 AM by Dave » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »

I do hope you're not doubting my market intelligence. Smiley

There is no need for any paranoia: my post clearly questioned the competence of the Virgin adviser to whom you spoke, not your account of the conversation.    Wink

Even you have to agree that there is some discrepancy between what you were told, and what is stated on their own website.    Roll Eyes

Any 'black mark' is earned by Virgin, not your good self.    Smiley

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:27:19 AM by Dave » Logged
A1ia5

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 05:00:36 AM »

Yep this seems to have gone now - best I could get for £10 was 200mins+200sms - still i managed to get a £50 free credit on the account so 5 months on an expired 6 month CPW (totally free), cant be bad.  I just love it when they c0ck up as it means I can get more !

Negotiating retentions is my current focus - next targets are o2 CPW and three

Interestingly I noticed that Dave edited the last 2 messages, one by leighvamessage and the other by mobileman ! Interesting !  Smiley Wink Roll Eyes (FYI this is how I see emoticons as I don't do graphics - waste of bandwidth IMHO, plus when your blind, graphics are a bit difficult to feel)

We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »

Interestingly I noticed that Dave edited the last 2 messages, one by leighvamessage and the other by mobileman ! Interesting !  Smiley Wink Roll Eyes (FYI this is how I see emoticons as I don't do graphics - waste of bandwidth IMHO, plus when your blind, graphics are a bit difficult to feel)

There is nothing strange about Dave making an edit of anyone's post.  As our global Moderator he has authority to moderate any post on any board.  He can even edit posts made by Mikael or myself, and has done so in the past.

Nearly all the edits he makes are minor ones, to help the poster - by removing typos, improving presentation and spacing, removing nested quotes left in by mistake, etc.  As far as I remember, his edit of leighvamessage's post simply removed nested quotes, and he corrected a typo, I believe, from mobileman's post.

There is no room for conspiracy theories here, nor any reason for concern.  He is simply doing the job I appointed him to do.

And A1ia5, I am quite sure that you are not blind ( when sober at least! ), so just be honest and confess that you are simply weird / eccentric about avoiding using smileys !        Grin

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:20:31 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: