Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning about O2 website problems.  (Read 10984 times)
mobileman

« on: September 18, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Those with an O2 contract should have received advanced warning of lack of allowance data being available between 13th and 27th September.

O2 sent out SMS saying:-
O2: We're improving our billing system on 13-27 September 2008. During this time you won't be able to check your bundle balance through 21202. Sorry
From O2-UK

However, what they did not tell us is that you will likely experience difficulty checking it any other way too!    Huh

There are conflicting posts on other telecoms sites saying that the O2 website is playing up also.    Roll Eyes

Is anyone else getting this error with O2 "View my bill"

"We're sorry but this service is temporarily unavailable...
We're sorry but we're experiencing a few technical problems that we're
currently investigating.
Please come back and try again later."

I've had this for the last two days.

or:-
No problems here, it logs in OK. But this message appears before getting to
the bill:

"Sorry, but we're in the middle of improving our billing systems to give you
the best possible service.
From the 13th to the 27th of September some items on My O2 may not be up to date, an example would be the number of minutes left in your allowance.
And if you change your tariff, we won't be able to show this on My O2 as
quickly as we'd like. Please bear with us, we expect to finish the work and
have My O2 up to date on the 28th of September."

The allowance info and recent charges are not up to date.

So O2 contract users beware, and try to keep some record of the calls and texts that you use.    Wink

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:07:28 PM by mobileman » Logged
moonandstar

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »

the o2 website is very hit and miss at the moment. At times I can check my bill and allowances but there are no updates after the 12th of this month. I got an email saying I should be able to check my allowances from the 23rd of this month and be able to use all services after the 27th. Other times I can not even log into my account!

O2 have said they are making big changes, hopefully allowances detailing remaining minutes and SMS will be updated in real time instead of having to wait 24-48 hours. Well let's see what o2 delivers on the 27th.

Moonandstar.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:37:37 AM »

Just to let members know that the 21202 free SMS service for obtaining the remaining balance of your allowances is now working again reliably and promptly.        Smiley

I haven't tried to login to my O2 account online, but that was due to return to operating again yesterday.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
moonandstar

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »

Yes the o2 site is working again, allowances and balances are now updated in real time. The 21202 service also displays allowances remaining in real time. The improvement is much welcomed as the main complaint from most o2 customers was the time it took to update remaing allowances.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »

Yes the o2 site is working again, allowances and balances are now updated in real time. The 21202 service also displays allowances remaining in real time. The improvement is much welcomed as the main complaint from most o2 customers was the time it took to update remaing allowances.

I have yet to check out the O2 website as I said earlier, but I have to differ with you about the 21202 service my friend.

I obtained my allowance balance on 3 of my O2 contracts this morning, and every one said that it took "48 hours for UK calls to update, longer for international / data calls."

There doesn't seem to be much change here to me, and it certainly doesn't appear to be in real time at all.

I will check out my online account shortly.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
nixforfun

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »

I agree with you- mh. I do not see a real-time update of my O2 sim only allowances. I can see that my allowances have been updated till last night, which was the way O2 worked even before the "upgrade".

Regards
Nik
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 10:36:22 AM »

I have now viewed one of my O2 contracts online, where the following information is displayed:-

It can take up to 1 day for any UK calls to appear, it may take longer for international or data calls

So it looks to me that the website runs 24 hours behind, and the 21202 balance allowance runs 48 hours behind.        Wink

A call I made 3 hours ago is NOT showing there.        Huh

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:38:43 AM by mobaholic » Logged

moonandstar

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:07:28 PM »

yes you guys are right, the 21202 service has not been improved. The online account does seem to show usage from 24 hours before. I was really hoping for a dramatic improvement after the service being down for so long.
andy

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »

It used to be (or seemed) that all calls appeared at about 2 am about a day and a half later (i.e. today's would be there Wed 2 am)

But recently, even before whatever they've just done, calls could appear within a few hours, for example 11 am calls on there before 6 pm, though afternoon ones didn't seem to appear before midnight

And that's true today as well - 11 am call on there now, but not some between 3 and 4 pm. And the 21202 text service corresponds exactly with what's on the page

There's still the feature of the calls the day before the billing date appearing on the subsequent bill, and I get the impression  from 21202 that they don't seem to have been carried back to the previous month allowance. But I don't think I'm worried about minutes allowance on this  contract

edit: by coincidence, the minutes used the day before the statement are exactly equal to the minutes used this afternoon, so no assumptions at the moment
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:16:33 PM by andy » Logged
HiPD

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »

However much you want to be an apologist for o2, its hard to escape the conclusion that its a crap service compared with T-Mobile. Huh

Calls on that network are usually updated within 20 minutes, even on the pay & go side!  Shocked

A message from the dark side you have Wink
andy

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »

However much you want to be an apologist for o2, ...

I don't need to waste my time on this

the thread's about O2, and if you're not interested, then ignore it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: