Fone Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:31:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free SIM card offers  (Read 9262 times)
mobileman

« on: September 22, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »

There are plenty of free pay & go SIM card offers currently.    Smiley

Examples include:

4 Free Orange Simcards
Get 4 Free Orange Simcards on there Dolphin PAYG tarrif
http://www.freesimcards.info/FreeOrangeSim.html

And the of old favourites still going strong...

Free Vodafone Simcard pack
http://www.freesimcards.info/Free-Vodafone-Simcards.html

2 Free Tesco Mobile Simcards
http://www.FreeSimcards.info/Free-Tesco-Mobile-Simcards.html

4 Free o2 Simcards
http://www.freesimcards.info/Free-o2-Simcards.html

2 Free T-Mobile Simcards
http://www.FreeSimcards.info/Free-T-Mobile-Simcards.html

andy

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

What's wrong with posting the main network sites, instead of some spammer's domain that earns him referral commission?
mobileman

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »

What's wrong with posting the main network sites, instead of some spammer's domain that earns him referral commission?

There is nothing wrong with you, or any other member, posting offers from the main network sites andy: indeed there are many such URLs posted on this board already.    Smiley

However, I checked out my post with an admin in advance, and mh gave his prior approval, as he said he could see positive advantages in members knowing about alternative means of obtaining free SIM cards.    Wink

I will ask him to explain his logic further, so that both you and I can understand his reasoning better.    Wink

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:36:09 PM by mobileman » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »

I have already sent a PM to andy to thank him for drawing his concern to my attention.

I gave my prior approval to mm's post for the following reasons:-

1).  Most members will already know about getting free SIM card offers from the mobile networks own websites, but may not know of alternative
      means of obtaining them;

2).  Sometimes you cannot get such an offer from the official website.  For example, Orange store email addresses and will only send you 1 / some
      free SIMs if you enter a new email address.  When you have used up all of your email addresses that you have got - tough luck !
      Their website rejects your request.        Huh

3).  Because of point 2 above, I think it helps members to know that there are alternative means of obtaining further free SIMs;        Smiley

4).  I have never understood the nature of the charge about 'spamming'.  Philosophically, what is the difference between Mikael, say, obtaining a
      profit by providing a service, and some other website doing the same ?  What makes one legitimate, and the other 'spam' ?
      Any charge of 'spamming' seems to me to be highly subjective, though this is never acknowledged by those who freely make such accusations.

To sum up, both network website offers, and others, are useful to members to know about, and this forum is about providing such information, IMHO, not suppressing it with the mighty axe of labelling it as 'spam'.  Once we have done our job in fully informing members of the choices available to them, they are free to make up their own minds as to the route that they personally wish to go.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:30:31 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »

Perhaps I over-reacted to this, after seeing the same website posted elsewhere a few times (which mm has obviously copied)

Although these links go to the main sites with affiliate or merchant ID references included in the url, some other such sites ask people to give their details on webpages that are nothing to do with the main networks at all, and their privacy policy isn't at all clear, if they even have one.

So always be careful

mobileman

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 10:14:02 AM »

Perhaps I over-reacted to this, after seeing the same website posted elsewhere a few times (which mm has obviously copied)

Although these links go to the main sites with affiliate or merchant ID references included in the url, some other such sites ask people to give their details on webpages that are nothing to do with the main networks at all, and their privacy policy isn't at all clear, if they even have one.

So always be careful

The links which I posted were obviously taken from somewhere, as you suggested, but I did not go to any website at all.    Shocked
In fact, I found then together in a post on another telecoms forum andy.    Wink

I absolutely agree with your caution about the dangers of giving your identity to some websites, so thanks for posting this.    Smiley

I am pleased that you did not suggest that the ones I posted were of that sort.  I had checked beforehand.  Wink    Thank you.    Smiley

andy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »

In fact, I found then together in a post on another telecoms forum andy.    Wink

I'm quite aware of that, as as you'd see from my first comment that it was copied (even includes the mistake).

If you look a little more, you'd find it posted like spam every couple of weeks. I don't see any reason to use this forum to help the bloke further
mobileman

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »

I don't see any reason to use this forum to help the bloke further

Fair enough andy: it was only ever going to be a one off post anyway.    Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: