Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:59:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A warm welcome to our new Global Moderator  (Read 7299 times)
TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« on: May 16, 2018, 11:13:17 AM »

delaro has served here faithfully as a Board Moderator for some considerable time.
Whilst we have just endured a horrible fortnight of spam messages being posted, he reported nearly all of these to us.
Indeed, he and mobileman, seem to be the only active Moderators we have working currently.

In recognition and appreciation of his sterling work and faithful service, I am promoting him to be our Global Moderator.
This move received the unanimous support of all our Admin team.

This will make his valuable contribution more effective, as he will now be able to ban spammers himself, rather than just reporting them to an Admin.
As davegr is very busy, and I can only be here sometimes, this will be of great benefit to the forum, especially as he will also be able to delete spam messages at the same time.

I should like to ask members to welcome him here warmly, but also to be mindful that his time is still limited.  I believe that he is a working man with a family to support, so I ask every member to take that into account, and to refrain from placing unrealistic expectations onto him.

Thank you.

Admin.

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »

Congratulations Delaro and thanks for all your hard work.
mahesh7337

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »

Congratulations Delaro:)
baz

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »

Congratulations Delaro. We appreciate your efforts to maintain this highly valuable resource.

Baz

baz
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »

HI

It's a pleasure to serve.

It's rather disappointing we're being targeted by spammers again. The forum in general become quiet and I could not be passive about overwhelming spam.

Regards,
dlR

TheAdminTeam
TheAdminTeam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:54:58 PM »

I think you have had a bit of a 'rough ride' with the spam problems you have been dealing with so valiantly.
I am sorry that I couldn't get here earlier on.
By my count, you and davegr have dealt with 33 spam posts made today!   Shocked

On the positive side, these were made by members who registered here before our software changes were made.
It would be more worrying if fresh members had registered here and posted the spam.    Wink

Not that 33 in one day isn't trying enough, but at least we can try to deal with those here already, as they show their hand.
Let's hope the torrent on spam posts soon dwindle to more manageable proportions.

Anyway, congratulations for the great contribution that you are already making to the forum delaro.    Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to register here, which only takes a minute & an email address!

Those who wish to contact us before registering may email us at:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
yoursinlove

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »

Congratulations Delaro!
You have been a real asset for the forum in past as I could remember.
And now you would be more worthy for the forum.

Regards

KHAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: