Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:26:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: India 3 p from mobile  (Read 6994 times)
ash

« on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:24 PM »

lycamobile is offering calls to India for 3p/minute.. not bad from mobile !

www.lycamobile.co.uk
mobileman

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »

I believe it is appropriate to sound some caution about this service, not least because of the chaotic state of their website!    Shocked

Although the first page shows several discounted rates, these are NOT shown when you navigate to the appropriate country calling rates' pages.    Huh

For example, your India rate of 3p is shown on the first page, but India landlines are shown as 5p, and India mobiles as 7p, on the actual country rates' pages.

Similarly, Pakistan is shown as 4p on the first page, yet 7p and 7p on its country rates' page!    Huh

In view of these lamentable discrepancies, I would suggest that nobody knows the true calling rates without making some test calls, and I for one am not going to buy one of their SIM's to find out!    Grin

nixforfun

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »

The first page clearly says this offer is a limited time offer- the offer is valid only till 20th October. I dont think it makes sense to buy the SIM for just 16 days unless you are a very heavy user.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:10:11 AM »

The first page clearly says this offer is a limited time offer- the offer is valid only till 20th October. I dont think it makes sense to buy the SIM for just 16 days unless you are a very heavy user.

Well spotted about the promotional period Nik !        Smiley

members might also like to know that the promotional rate is "to fixed lines only", though this is hidden away in very small print.        Huh

Of course the signs such as India 5p 3p don't draw attention to this, so it is easy to be fooled that it applies to mobiles as well as landlines.

Watch out folks, and don't be taken in.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: