Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:28:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two new 0870 callthroughs announced.  (Read 33710 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: October 13, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

Following HiPD's OP challenging Mikael about the cost of calling to India and Pakistan, which has now been moved to here, I have today received a PM from Mikael detailing his response in full.

I have now set-up two new 0870 call-throughs providing the same advantages as the QX dial one for Pakistan.

The two numbers are:

0870 068 0820 - This has the destinations below, plus India;
0870 068 0821 - This has the destinations below, plus India and Pakistan.

I have added two numbers, as the Pakistan service may not be viable, and could be shut down at a later date. It will all depend upon how and when it is used.   Wink

The full shared destination list is as follows:-

Andorra
  Argentina
  Armenia Yerevan
  Australia
  Austria
  Bahamas
  Belgium
  Bolivia La Paz
  Brazil
  Brazil Rio de Janeiro
  Brazil São Paulo
  Brunei
  Bulgaria
  Canada
  Chile
  China
  China Mobile
  Colombia Baranguilla
  Colombia Bogota
  Colombia Cali
  Colombia Medellin
  Colombia Pereira
  Croatia
  Cyprus
  Czech Republic
  Denmark
  Dominican Republic
  Estonia
  Finland
  France
  Georgia
  Germany
  Gibraltar
  Greece
  Guam
  Hong Kong
  Hong Kong Mobile
  Hungary
  Iceland
  Indonesia Jakarta
  Indonesia Surabaya
  Ireland
  Israel
  Italy
  Japan
  Kenya Mombasa
  Kenya Nairobi
  Korea (South)
  Latvia
  Liechtenstein
  Lithuania
  Luxembourg
  Malawi
  Malaysia
  Malaysia Mobile
  Martinique
  Mexico Guadalajara
  Mexico Mexico City
  Mexico Monterrey
  Monaco
  Netherlands
  New Zealand
  Norway
  Panama
  Panama City
  Peru
  Peru Lima
  Poland
  Portugal
  Puerto Rico
  Puerto Rico Mobile
  Reunion
  Romania
  Russia
  Russia Moscow (Central)
  Russia Moscow (Suburb)
  Russia St Petersburg
  San Marino
  Singapore
  Singapore Mobile
  Slovakia
  Slovenia
  Spain
  Sweden
  Switzerland
  Taiwan
  Thailand
  Thailand Mobile
  Turkey
  Turkey Istanbul (Asia)
  Turkey Istanbul (Europe)
  UK - freephone
  UK - g21 VoIP - 056
  UK - national
  US Virgin Islands
  USA
  Venezuela
  Venezuela Caracas
  Zambia

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
prion

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »

Are these destinations available at both peak and off peak time?

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »

Yes, you can call them 24/7 !

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
prion

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »

Yes, you can call them 24/7 !

Thank you. It would be interesting if you could add a few more (mobile or other) destinations during peak time.
moonandstar

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 07:42:49 PM »

quick question... does anyone know what it would cost to call this number from an o2 contract?
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »

quick question... does anyone know what it would cost to call this number from an o2 contract?

Quick answer: YES !        Grin

O2 contracts charge 20p / min. for calling 0870's ( and 0845 and 0844 numbers too ).        Wink

O2 Pay & Go's, on the other hand, charge 25p / min. for the same number ranges.        Huh

leighvamessage
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 12:29:12 AM »

If you have inclusive landline minutes you could call them for 4p connection and 5p a minute weekdays and 1p a minute weekends via http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 07:40:52 AM »

If you have inclusive landline minutes you could call them for 4p connection and 5p a minute weekdays and 1p a minute weekends via http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php

I am not sure that I follow you LVM.        Shocked
The question was about calling from an O2 contract mobile, wasn't it ?         Undecided

Also, if you use a landline, why would you need inclusive minutes ?        Undecided
Is it not the case that you can use 18185, at your quoted rates, by prefixing the number with 18185 ( unless you are on the LUS ) ?
Where do your inclusive minutes come into the picture ?        Undecided

tiby

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »

I think LVM is pointing out the fact that one can use inclusive landline minutes to call 18185's local rate access number 020 81 80 2828 and then dial the 0870 no. That way the mobile company will not charge for the call( if you have inclusive minutes landline minutes), but you will be charged by 18185 at the rates mentioned above by LVM.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »

I think LVM is pointing out the fact that one can use inclusive landline minutes to call 18185's local rate access number 020 81 80 2828 and then dial the 0870 no. That way the mobile company will not charge for the call( if you have inclusive minutes landline minutes), but you will be charged by 18185 at the rates mentioned above by LVM.

I am sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

The 0208 access number would be useful from a mobile, but why would one want to use it from a lanline, unless you are a cable user, or on the B.T. LUS ?  You are simply adding a landline call - which doesn't need to be made.  If you can use the 18185 override number, why use up your landline allowances ?

The whole point is that moonandstar asked about the cost of calling from an O2 contract mobile, not a landline at all; and whereas I do not dispute the 18185 figures that LVM supplied, I cannot see the logic of either his answer, or your own.  Sorry.

tiby

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »

"I am sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

The 0208 access number would be useful from a mobile, but why would one want to use it from a lanline, unless you are a cable user, or on the B.T. LUS ?  You are simply adding a landline call - which doesn't need to be made.  If you can use the 18185 override number, why use up your landline allowances ?

The whole point is that moonandstar asked about the cost of calling from an O2 contract mobile, not a landline at all; and whereas I do not dispute the 18185 figures that LVM supplied, I cannot see the logic of either his answer, or your own.  Sorry."

By inclusive landline minutes I meant " the inclusive minutes in his/her  O2 contract" not inclusive minutes from  landline. Of course it does not make sense to dial an access no. from landline when you can simply dial 18185! But if the mobile is registered with 18185 you have to dial the access no. to benefit from their cheaper call rates (which is a cheap option only if you have got cross network free minutes on your mobile contract). If someone has registered a  "Pay as you go" mobile everytime they call via 18185, they will get charged by the mobile company for dialing the access no. and by 18185 for the call as well.
Although it is not cheap to call 0870  no.s via most mobile networks, but there is a possibility that people with contract mobile phones with inclusive cross-network/landline minutes can use the 0870xxx via18185 at cheaper rates. I hope it makes sense, I do apologise for causing any confusion though.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:02:54 PM by tiby » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »

By inclusive landline minutes I meant " the inclusive minutes in his/her  O2 contract" not inclusive minutes from  landline. Of course it does not make sense to dial an access no. from landline when you can simply dial 18185! But if the mobile is registered with 18185 you have to dial the access no. to benefit from their cheaper call rates (which is a cheap option only if you have got cross network free minutes on your mobile contract). If someone has registered a  "Pay as you go" mobile everytime they call via 18185, they will get charged by the mobile company for dialing the access no. and by 18185 for the call as well.
Although it is not cheap to call 0870  no.s via most mobile networks, but there is a possibility that people with contract mobile phones with inclusive cross-network/landline minutes can use the 0870xxx via18185 at cheaper rates. I hope it makes sense, I do apologise for causing any confusion though.

CONGRATULATIONS tiby, well done.  I think you have cracked it !        Smiley

There is NO need for you to apologize at all, it was probably me being somewhat 'thick'.        Shocked

The ambiguity arose from LVM's post - where he referred to inclusive landline minutes.
I should have understood exactly what he meant if he had said "inclusive landline minutes on your O2 mobile" !
I am afraid that I took him too literally, and read exactly the words that he wrote.        Cry
If he had hinted that he was talking about inclusive minutes on the mobile, I should have taken his point straight away.  The fact that he referred to inclusive landline minutes, without qualification, threw me entirely, and the last few posts have been at cross purposes alas.  Cry

One small point: if you are calling a 0208 access number, you do not need X-Net minutes to do so.
This would work on an O2 mobile which only allowed O2 and landline calls.        Wink

Thank you so much for sorting this out.  It is to your great credit that you did not take offense at my misunderstanding, and have 'stuck to your guns' to get your point across.  Once again I thank you and say congratulations my friend.        Smiley

mh.

ndiqbal

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:51:02 AM »

Hi - Hope all is well!   Huh
I have just tried the 0870 (which states calls to Pakistan) number to Pakistan Landline and Pakistan Mobiles.  Pre-Dial did not connect the calls.

Landline message: 'I'm sorry you can not dial this number from this account'
Mobile: 'The number you have called appears to be a Mobile phone etc.......'

The call was made at off peak time.

I thought I would clear this, because a few messages above it does mentions that this service is 24/7  Undecided

Regards
Nadz
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »

Thanks for reporting this. It is beeing looked into and a problem has been identified. I will post a reply once it is fixed.

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »

A further update to the previous post - Pakistan should now be working.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: