Fone Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 Pay & Go "Top Up Booster" offer.  (Read 8978 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: October 23, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »

Any O2 Pay & Go user thinking of upgrading their mobile handset might be well advised to take a look at this offer.        Wink

I regret that I missed this earlier, but it's still running till the 31st October 2008.         Smiley

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 07:25:34 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
A1ia5

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:08:33 AM »

Any O2 Pay & Go user thinking of upgrading their mobile handset might be well advised to take a look at this offer.        Wink

I regret that I missed this earlier, but it's still running till the 31st October 2008.         Smiley

Good one...

Being lazy here - what do they charge for a Nokia 6300, Samsung F110 or Sony Ericsson T280i, and are there any good deals to do with the £10 credit over the 4 months they will give it.  I know what I'd do with it...

We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »

Good one...

Being lazy here - what do they charge for a Nokia 6300, Samsung F110 or Sony Ericsson T280i, and are there any good deals to do with the £10 credit over the 4 months they will give it.  I know what I'd do with it...

Yes, you're being lazy, but that information isn't available on the O2 website.        Roll Eyes

If you look at this, you will see that you have to visit a local O2 shop, or call 2550 from your pay & go mobile, to get a price.        Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
pease

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:17:11 PM »

Yes, you're being lazy, but that information isn't available on the O2 website.        Roll Eyes
If you look at this, you will see that you have to visit a local O2 shop, or call 2550 from your pay & go mobile, to get a price.        Wink

I phoned up O2 CS to find out about this offer and the price of the following phones is as follows: Nokia 6300 79.99, Samsung F110 49.99 and Sony Ericsson T280i 99.99.
You could also get 5 pounds a month for six months if you port a number from another network to O2. So for both of these offers you could get 70 pound back in credit allowance.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:17:30 AM by Dave » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »

I phoned up O2 CS to find out about this offer and the price of the following phones is as follows: Nokia 6300 79.99, Samsung F110 49.99 and Sony Ericsson T280i 99.99.
You could also get 5 pounds a month for six months if you port a number from another network to O2. So for both of these offers you could get 70 pound back in credit allowance.

Thanks for your post and information pease.    Smiley

I have edited your post, as its nested quotes were getting tedious and unhelpful, but I understand that your blindness may give you difficulties.    Wink

As the credit for upgrading on O2 depends on keeping the same number, I can't understand how it can be combined with extra credit for porting in a number.    Cry

I apologize if I am mistaken, but if so, please explain to me how one can use both offers simultaneously.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:20:39 AM by Dave » Logged

pease

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »

Thanks for your post and information pease.    Smiley

I have edited your post, as its nested quotes were getting tedious and unhelpful, but I understand that your blindness may give you difficulties.    Wink

As the credit for upgrading on O2 depends on keeping the same number, I can't understand how it can be combined with extra credit for porting in a number.    Cry

I apologize if I am mistaken, but if so, please explain to me how one can use both offers simultaneously.

Hi Dave. I asked the CS rep if I port my VodaFone number to O2 before the end of the above offer asuming that the porting process ends before 31 October, as my number is expected to be transferred on the 29 of October to O2. So therefor I could go to the O2 shop and get the phone on the last two days and still qualify for the 40 pound offer. Just to make sure I asked him again if I could use both offers together and he said yes, as they were two separate offers and were not linked to each other.
I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:42:02 AM by Dave » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

Hi Dave. I asked the CS rep if I port my VodaFone number to O2 before the end of the above offer asuming that the porting process ends before 31 October, as my number is expected to be transferred on the 29 of October to O2. So therefor I could go to the O2 shop and get the phone on the last two days and still qualify for the 40 pound offer. Just to make sure I asked him again if I could use both offers together and he said yes, as they were two separate offers and were not linked to each other.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer pease.    Smiley

The information which customer services gave to you is quite surprising, as it has been reported recently that O2 will now only allow an upgrade every 6 months.    Shocked

What they told you implies they would allow you to upgrade after just 2 days!

Whilst this would be good news for you if it proves true, I would caution you that it may be the case that you would be hard pressed to prove the conversation, and that O2 may not honour the undertaking if you try to take advantage of such a scheme.

I hope I am wrong about this, but I fear that I may not be.    Cry

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:42:49 AM by Dave » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: