Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:46:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Add more destinations to the pre-dial 01793 number for the weekend  (Read 9859 times)
ndiqbal

« on: June 06, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »

Another suggestion is to add more destinations over the weekend, for example:-

India
Pakistan
Bangladesh

Regards
Nadz
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »

I shall be most interested to learn what Mikael thinks of this suggestion you have made Nadz !

I have just one question.        Shocked

Do you have any idea how such a possibility could be afforded through a geo access number ?        Roll Eyes

If you have, do please tell us how you would manage it.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ndiqbal

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:45:37 PM »

Advertising is BIG BIG BIG!

Pre-Dial will approach large companies and say, that they will advertise your company or cheap flights to India Pakistan, Bangladesh via our GEO number.  Pre-dial will say that "Our system shows that approx 4500 calls are used over Fri after 6pm till Sunday 11:59pm.  Which is a large Asian community who love cheap calls and cheap flights home!!!!!!  Pre-Dial will charge the company say £500 for the full Weekend, and then the next weekend it goes to another company....

How it works............

1)  Customer will dial Pre-Dial 01793 123 456 (Example don't try this)
2) The customer will hear the following announcement "Hi and welcome to pre-dial.  Before you can make a call to your destination you will need to listen to our sponsors:-
3) The sponsors kicks in advertising Cheap flights, money exchange, Asian curry, Asian Mela etc........
4) the Sponsor advertisement should not last more than 4 minutes.
5) Once the adverts has finished pre-dial will advise the customer that they can NOW dial the destination number.
6) Once the number is dialled.  Pre-Dial will advise the customer that they have 10-15 minutes for the call!!!

Hope you like the idea....  I would love to do this... I know this would work.... more sponsors more money longer calls to the customer.  more lines, later customers can chose their adverts etc................. finally it will go 7 days a week!

I hope you like this suggestion.  If you this this should go as a new suggestion, let me know.

Regards
Nadz
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:47:30 PM by ndiqbal » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »

I am sure that this sort of post is exactly what Dave meant this morning when he commented that some good brain storming was already going on.

Thank you for the stimulation of your ideas ndiqbal.        Smiley

I shall avoid making any personal comments on them, until Mikael has had a chance to visit and read them himself.

I shall be most interested to learn of his reactions to your ideas.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ndiqbal

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:02:11 PM »

I have been thinking of this for a while.  The last time I spoke to you.  you mentioned the word "COST".  That word got me thinking.  How can Pre-Dial provide a service to the Asian community, but Pre-dial doesn't get bankrupted?Huh

The above idea came...  If I had the right tools and support I would give this a try!.  If you look at the notes.  the customer does not get 2-3hrs a call.  The customer gets approx 10-15 minutes a call and can dial the GEO number as many times as he/she likes!

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »

I do think this idea with advertising helping to fund phone calls is potentially a good idea. It has however been tried before and not been successful by other companies. The issues discovered before have been that advertisiers often don't get the return they are looking for as users of the service are repeat customers and once they have heard the advert once they may not respond to further ones. Of course it could be enhanced by tracking callers and only playing new advertisers. I can see a few issues with it though. We would need to spend lots of time finding companies to advertise, which is a cost, and the service may not be good for higher users as we may find that not enough fresh advertisers are registered to pay for all the calls someone wants to make. I will however give it more thought to see if the pocess could be combined with something else.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:22:38 AM by Mikael » Logged

ndiqbal

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:57:48 PM »

Mikael thanks again for your input.  I used a direct inquiry, with a 0800 number to find a number, like the 118 numbers.  I have to listen to an advert, once I have done this, I then get put through to an operator, who will give me my number, that I required and send me a free sms with all the details including the full address.

I thought if Pre-dial did this, it would be great for pre-dial and the users of the Pre-pdial users too.......

Regards
Nadz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: